The Beauty Of The Ball

kensleys dress ⬆️

Jullianne managed to grab Aston's arm before he reached the staircase. Before he reached her.

He turned back to see wh had grabbed him disappointed by who it was, "Oh Jullianne. Did you need something?"

She bats her eyelashes and smiles at him, "yes, just this next dance."

"Um," he looks back at Serenity who is now on the arm of Liam. He missed his chance. Of course, he did, "Maybe later." he tries to brush her off but she doesn't let go.

"Just one dance won't hurt right?"

He continues to look over in Serenity's direction paying no mind to the girl in front of him. She notices that and stands in front of him grabbing his chin to look at her. He wasn't going to let him go that easily.

"Jullianne," Aston says rather frustratedly.

She rolls her eyes, "she's never going to notice you. A gamma over the alpha. The choice here is clear. Just look at them together. Anyone can see how infatuated he is with her."

He growls, "Know your place packmate."

"I'm just speaking the truth," she shrugs, "He didn't even look at Zoey like that." She circles him to stop right by his ear, "that look in his eyes. He's probably never looked at someone like that before."

The truth is he's only ever looked at one girl like that before. Aston knew this because they both had the same look in their eye for the same girl. All those years ago. History repeats itself yet again. Although this girl is very much alive.

"Now are you going to continue drooling over a girl who hasn't even looked in your direction, or have a dance with me? A girl who's actually interested," Jullianne whispered close to his ear. He could feel the heat from her breathe.

Which only made him even more frustrated. He didn't need the extra heat, because he was heating up all on his own. Not bothering to answer her back he broke from her grip and stormed out of the room.

Mateo noticed him leave the room and realized exactly what was happening. He shook his head. How do they always manage to fall for the same girl time and time again?

"When did this happen?" Zoey asked from beside him.

He looks down at her and looks over to who she was watching, "It's just best to not ask questions."

She continued to watch them on the dance floor. They held everyone's eyes. Not only did the two radiate immense power, but they looked good together also. No one could quite comprehend what was going on.

As the song came to an end Oliver but's back in, "my turn."

Liam rolls his eyes, "Promise to return her back after this one dance?"

"You'll get her back eventually," Oliver takes Serenity's hand and motions for Liam to move.

SIghing Liam walks away leaving the two alone.

"So your the girl who stole my daughter's spot?"

Serenity was taken aback by this, "I beg your pardon?"

"I mean I totally understand. You two look perfect together. The air around the two of you is perfect almost too perfect." he didn't give her a chance to respond as he spun her to the beat of the music, "I just have one question, however."

"Do you really deserve any answers from me? To come and accuse me of taking your daughter's spot and I don't even know who you are. Alpha Liam is just being kind to me that's all. We aren't even a 'we'.  I'd appreciate it if you didn't just jump to conclusions." Serenity managed to keep her tone clear and calm.