The Diffrences

Friday came sooner than expected. Alpha Liam along with a hundred other pack mates were up at the crack of dawn getting ready to leave. Liam had been convinced by Oliver to bring at least a hundred pack mates to his daughters ball. Saying it would be a shame if only he went. So abiding by his friend wishes he had Mateo choose fifty guys and girls to go along with him.

Of course among the girls were Mercedes and Serenity. Serenity huffed about going. She didn't want to go and didn't see why she out of all the other girls in the pack were chosen to attend this ball. Her friend however was jumping for joy. She loves balls. It meant she would get to dress up. The short notice however meant that she would have to wear one of the dresses she already had.

"You're packed already?" Mercedes asked Serenity.

"I've been packed since last night," Serenity carried a duffle bag on her shoulder.

Mercedes threw a few more things into her suitcase before zipping it up, "isn't this fun?! We get to play princess for a day!" She twirled around.

"I am anything but a princess," Serenity huffed while looking down at her outfit. Just by what she wore one could tell she was an outsider. The black biker shorts that went down to her knees and white hoodie didn't scream power. Her wore down vans didn't help the case either. Not to mention the pile of curls that laid on her head in a messy bun.

"Oh hush! Always a Debby downer!" Serenity admired her friend. Now Mercedes she screamed princess. From her cute mustard over sized sweater to her cute overall dress, "oh I forgot to mention I got us matching dresses for tomorrow!"

"Please tell me you didn't," Serenity groaned.

"I did! Yours is white and mine is black though! This is going to be so fun!" Mercedes grabbed her suit case and walked out the door followed by Serenity.

        The journey to Oliver's pack was a long one. They arrived at four in the afternoon despite leaving at five in the morning. The pack is in a small town just behind the Colorado mountains.

"Liam!" Alpha Oliver greeted Liam with such formality the pack stood back in awe. Liam didn't seem to be the informal type. The two hugged slapping each other's back.

"Oliver great to see you again!" Whenever they broke apart Liam greeted his mate Luna Zaria, "you must be Zaria!" He took her hand in his, "What a pleasure to finally meet you after all theses years."

Zaria smiles at him, "the pleasure is all mine."

Liam looked around seeing that Zoey their daughter was nowhere in sight. As if reading his thoughts Oliver spoke, "Sorry my daughter isn't here to greet you all, but she will be at dinner. Speaking of which you all must be exhausted from traveling. Come in we'll show you to your rooms."

"Everyone will be sharing a room if I am not mistaken?" Liam asked his friend as they walked inside.

"Yes, except you of course. You can have the master bedroom. We don't stay in there anymore," Oliver spoke.

The pack behind them listened carefully to the conversation. It was odd that the alpha and Luna didn't stay at the pack house. No one said a word about it however.

Once upstairs everyone paired up and choose a room. Mercedes and Serenity of course bunked together. After being told dinner was being served in an hour, everyone went inside there rooms to get wash up.

"Do you think this is all a scheme?" Mercedes whispered to Serenity.

"What do you mean?" Serenity was shuffling though her duffle bag trying to find an appropriate outfit to wear to dinner.