Chapter 3

Solmee pulled away from the computer with an irritated huff, turning to another resident that had just approached the desk in the doctors station to pick up a patient file.

"Hey, Doctor Ki." She greeted, capturing his attention and ushering him over.

"Can't we check all of the records of our hospital patients? I could in my last hospital." She gestured towards the error message on her computer screen.

"Ah there are some cases like VIPs, celebrities and such that aren't easily disclosed, I think senior staff are the only ones who can access records like that." Solmee's brow furrowed and Doctor Ki noticed the flicker of irritation in her eyes as she stood up with another huff.

"Umm whose records were you trying to find?"

"No one in particular." She sighs. 

Doctor Ki hesitated, for a moment, wondering if it was wise to ask why. He decided against it, knowing that if he did she was unlikely to answer that question anyways.

"If I wanted to access a file, who would I go see?" She asks him.

"Uhh, the admin office."

Solmee nodded, turning on her heels and leaving. She had a gut feeling that the admin office wouldn't give her access to the files she wanted, and going up to ask would only alert people to her activities. For now she wanted to keep things discreet.

I guess i'll just have to get them some other way. She thought, pursing her lips.

________________________________________________________________________________

Solmee was in the oncall room, draped over a couch trying to enjoy a nap when she was suddenly shook awake by colleague.

"Two incoming patients from a TA. Both male. Drunk driver crashed a truck into a shop window. ETA 2 minutes." Get ready.

Solmee sighs, stretching her limbs, yawning and cracking her neck and knuckles. She blinked and rubbed her eyes, tied her hair back up into a ponytail and then headed out into the action.

The rest of the team were mostly prepared already, clearing resus, preparing blood, IVs and any necessary machinery, and prepping the surgery theatres. The doctors and surgeons wait on standby for the two patients.

Solmee hadn't expected the patients to be two people she knew but when she saw them the last remnants of sleep left her and she became immediately alert.

One of them was Chayoung's father, and the other her brother.

For a moment she almost loses her composure at the sight of her brother bleeding out and unconscious. Her fingers curl into fists and her knuckles turn white. She blows hot air and then shakes it off, to give a preliminary examination of his injuries. She ducks down to his ear as she examines his head wound. 

"Don't think you're going to die on me you bastard. The only one that gets to kill you is me." She whispers, and hands him off to another doctor to get a CT.

Chayoung is hysterical, Solmee is surprised because she'd never seen the woman in such a state, especially when it came to her father. She' always thought that Chayoung hated her father, but now seeing her cry and get angry, she realised that she had only pretended to hate him.

"You can save him right Solmee?" She pleads. But even from a quick glance at the patient, the outcome didn't look good.

"I need to see the CT scan first." She says with no promises.

Once the CT scans arrive, the surgeons look them over. 

Vincenzo's results are not terrible, the laceration on his skull was mostly superficial so it could be stitched up without major surgery, and medication to reduce swelling and clots would be administered. He'd be monitored by neurology for a day or two and then he would be taken to a normal ward to recover.