Chapter 35 : Final Chapter and Epilogue

The Geumga Plaza tenants had all gathered in Toto's Restaurant with drink and food to celebrate. 

Not only had they finally beaten Choi Myunghee, and avenged those that had died because of her, but they'd also received some good news from the pawn shop couple; Cheol Wook and his wife were expecting a child.

With drink and food they gathered happily. Solmee and Han Seok had stopped by briefly, to bid the couple congratulations, but they wouldn't be staying and getting drunk with the others since they wanted to make up for lost time with Mi Suk. Since he had been reunited with his daughter, Han Seok had been reluctant to let go of her, even now holding her in his arms. 

Among the Geumga Plaza tenants Solmee spotted Han Seo sat next to Vincenzo, and on Han Seo's other side was Scarlett Cha. 

Solmee also noticed how her chair had been shuffled closer to Han Seo's.

That was interesting.

If it wasn't for Scarlett then Solmee would never have been able to see her father suffer slowly and painfully from an undetectable pathogen the woman had carefully created in a lab. Some good had come out of that mothers meeting she'd regrettably joined afterall, and Scarlett as it turned out was actually a lot more of a likeable person than she'd realised at first, a lot smarter too.

Not long after Prosecutor Jung In Kuk's death she had contacted Solmee, as in not Han Yeri the alias she had used, but Solmee herself.

She apparently had seen Solmee at a medical convention before, she had been attending a microbiology presentation whilst Solmee was joining a surgeons talk in the same building and she had taken a business card from Solmee at the after party. Solmee obviously had forgotten her but apparently she had remembered Solmee immediately, but kept it quiet during the mothers meeting because she wanted to do some more digging before she came to any conclusions.

She'd quickly put two and two together and realised that the death of Prosecutor Jung In Kuk coinciding with Solmee joining their little group was no coincidence.

"I'm not going to go to the cops or tell tales or anything." She promised, over coffee after convincing Solmee to meet with her.

"I know you do bad things to bad people, and I know you could do bad things to me, and make me disappear or die suddenly like you did with those other people." She inhaled deeply and sipped her coffee, staining the mug with a print of her red lipstick.  "I'm all my daughter has, so I couldn't do anything that would end up making her an orphan."

Solmee nodded, believing her. 

Scarlett had then went on to tell Solmee more about herself, maybe as a show of good faith or maybe because she felt a sense of kinship. She told her that she was widowed before her baby had even been born; her husband had kept his autoimmune illness a secret from her and she had only found out from the coroners report after he suddenly died. Her mother had died during complications at her birth and her father had been shitty too, an abusive alcoholic which was why she had jumped at the chance to study in the states and get away from him.

And when Solmee's father had popped up again, she'd approached Scarlett with her idea, knowing the woman would sympathise and agree to help make him suffer. 

Apparently during the times Han Seo had picked Scarlett up and dropped her off back home after her meet ups with Solmee while the set in motion the plan, the two had become quite close.

Solmee was surprised but not mad about it. 

Shortly after Han Seok and Solmee had left the party at Geumga Plaza, chaos had ensued.