Chapter 14

The charity event was only days away, and Solmee had much to prepare.

Kwang Yeong Han was bringing Sol Seul Gi as his date. Solmee searched Naver for information on the woman during her free time between surgery consultations. (Thanks to her brother gifting her with a sprain, she couldn't preform any surgeries, only talk patients through them.) Once she had finished todays consultations she was being put on sick leave till her hand healed. (Solmee suspected Han Seo had something to do with that.) The woman she found was 10 years the mans junior, had been a child actress but not found any luck with landing any main roles in movies or tv shows once she'd gotten older. She'd done some hand modelling for a jewellery brand, and now thought of herself as a connoisseur of art, buying pieces for celebrities. On her website she bragged about buying a painting for the singer IU.

A look through her Instagram stories showed that Sol Seul Gi was due to visit the hair salon later that evening for a fresh colour, Solmee too was in need of a hair stylist; her dark roots were starting to show, and she wanted to look immaculate for the charity gala. It was the perfect opportunity to try and get some more info, so Solmee books herself an appointment in with the salon for roughly the same time as Sol Seul Gi. Usually they had a waiting list, but having the CEO of Babel as a best friend really did wonders.

Chayoung had had the same idea apparently.

As Solmee turns up for her appointment, she spots Chayoung in the waiting room flipping through a magazine.

How had Chayoung gotten the guest list? That was the only way she could have known Sol Seul Gi was attending.

Unphased she greets Chayoung with a wave and sits beside her.

"Seems like the whole city is getting their hair done here."

Chayoung smiles mischievously. "I was thinking of getting a few layers put in."

She had originally planned to get close to Sol Seul Gi, but Chayoung wouldn't give Solmee the chance, remaining glued to her through the entirety of her time at the salon and annoying the hell out of her. 

She started by asking about her encounter with Vincenzo.

"Vincenzo told me he tried to talk you." Chayoung said, sitting down into the empty chair beside Solmee when the hair stylist said they would return after 15 minutes to check on her bleached roots.

"Seems like he tells you a lot of things." Solmee frowns, jealousy twinges in her eyes.

Chayoung shrugs. "We're partners, we don't keep secrets."

Solmee glowers. 

"Why are you working for Choi Myunghee?" 

Again, Solmee wondered how Chayoung knew of this. Had Vincenzo used his mafia connections to discover what his sister was up to, or was there an internal leak within Choi Myunghee's people that had divulged such information?

"I like to think of it as a partnership of sorts."

Chayoung frowns. She was sure Choi Myunghee must have something over Solmee, no one would willingly work for a woman so obnoxious and insufferable.

"Then you know who Jang Han Seok is don't you?" 

This time Chayoung had a name. Solmee was slightly impressed.

"Naturally." She says mysteriously.

"You've seen him?" Chayoung leans over her chair eagerly. "Who is he?"
Solmee gives her a pointed look, wagging her finger.

"Secrets aren't like money, they don't keep their value with spending."

Chayoung pouts, knowing she wouldn't get anything further out of Solmee on the subject.