Chapter 22

Solmee really had not been lying when she had told Han Seok she was tired.

Han Seok hadn't even had the chance to take all of her clothes off before she had fallen asleep.

Not long after her head hit the pillow, instead of hearing moans leaving her mouth as he kissed down her throat, he heard her snore.

Had she really fallen asleep?

His teeth scraped against her skin as he moved his mouth from her collar and rolled onto his back beside her with a huff. He stayed there for a moment, glancing at her sleeping face; she looked softer when she was sleeping. Quite different to the expressions she usually she wore on her day to day; a glare or scowl. She looked quite content, and yet he was worked up and far from the same feelings and thought about waking her to disrupt her peaceful slumber.

He did not, deciding to forgive her and let her rest because it had been quite an eventful day and he supposed growing a baby was quite an energy consuming thing.

He left her sleeping to take a frustrated shower.

Han Seok had tried to continue where they left off the next morning after she was fully rested, but hadn't got very far, as soon as he had pulled her into his lap about to kiss her, she clamped a hand over her mouth and leaped off the bed, making a beeline to the bathroom before vomiting.

Morning sickness; such a moodkiller.

Solmee had opted to work from home for the rest of the day. Despite her insisting the other day that she would keep doing surgeries and hospital work when Han Seok had told her not to, she'd now decided that maybe he'd been right about taking a leave of absence for the meantime. She wouldn't tell him that though.

It was her idea and her choice to step down whilst she was pregnant.

The work she was focused on now, related to Dr Kang. She'd managed to get access to his laptop, and easily guessed his password.

It was 'Hotteok'.

The name of his favourite food and also the name of his childhood dog he'd told her several stories about.

She spent the rest of the morning on the sofa, nosying at his photo gallery, saved files, browser history and emails.

Han Seok had also decided to work from home. Whilst she sat crossed legged with a laptop sitting in front of her, Han Seok had taken the rest of the space on the couch outstretched with his head resting on the arm of the chair whilst he held his phone to his ear and talked to Choi Myunghee.

Solmee peeked away from her laptop at him.

More frequently than not, at the vacation home, he really did treat it as if he were on holiday, most days deciding to forgoe getting dressed properly and instead wear his fancy loungewear. 

Today he was wearing silk pyjamas, in a dark claret red colour.  The robe shirt was fastened loosely, showing off most of his bronzed torso.

He smirks through his sentence, as he converses with Choi Myunghee over the phone, noticing Solmee eyeing him up. He winks at her and she huffs indignantly, turning her head and focusing back on her laptop.

It lasts about 3 minutes before she peers at him again.

She liked the casualness of his appearance decidedly more than his suits. Most women swooned at the sight of a man in a nice tailored suit but Solmee had always thought that suits were too stuffy. She liked when men were less put together.

"What is it that you're doing anyway?" He asks her once he finishes his phone call.

"Searching through Dr Kang's email list."