Chapter 31

Solmee knew immediatley that she wasn't alone. 

She just hadn't expected Choi Myunghee to be so bold as to come to see her alone. No body guards, no back up nothing, the woman was sat comfortably on the couch, drinking wine from a glass as if it were nothing. 

She smiled at Solmee with that wicked witchlike grin that Solmee despised.

I could easily wipe that smile from her face. She thought.

It would all be over so easily, in the blink of an eye she could end things.

But what would be the fun in that?

How long had Choi Myunghee had her in her grasp, about 10 years?

For that and for everything she had done since, Choi Myunghee's death could not be a quick one.

Solmee smiles back at her. She sits on the opposite chair and grabs the wine bottle drinking straight from the spout.

"You know, I tried to treat you as if you were my own daughter." Choi Myunghee says. "I gave you a job that paid for all your nice things, your drugs, your parties, your pretty clothes. And yet how did you repay me? You threw it all away and threatened me, you tried to destroy everything I created."

Solmee snorted, laughing hysterically as if the woman had told her the funniest joke she'd ever heard."Treated me like I was your own daughter? Didn't you kill your daughter?"

Choi Myunghee glared venemously at the low blow. She slaps Solmee, and catches Solmee's face with a finger nail.

"Sorry was that a sore spot for you?" Solmee smiles as she wipes the bead of blood with her finger and licks it.

"You know I always wondered why you hated me so much, and I finally figured it out. You're just being a bitter bitch, because you lost your child and husband and you can't stand the fact that someone like me could have everything you lost."

"You always thought you could only have one or the other, family or power, and you chose power, only you chose the wrong kind of power. I mean it didn't exactly work out because how powerful are you really? How many people are afraid of you?"

Solmee laughs again, this time ridiculing her. "Because I'm certainly not.

Choi Myunghee clucks her tongue. "You may not be afraid of me, but I know one person you are afraid of. Your father."

Solmee grits her teeth.

"And I know that now you have a child you have a weakness."

As soon as the words rolled off Choi Myunghee's tongue Solmee started to shake. Not with fear but anger. She was shaking because she was trying so very hard to not pick up a blunt object from the coffee table and bash Choi Myunghee's head in with it.

"I know you didn't just threaten my daughter." She hisses.

Choi Myunghee smiles, she had said that purposely, knowing it would rile Solmee.

"You know I pity you. When you die no one will cry over you. Instead there'll be a long list of people that will probably dance on your grave and celebrate the fact you're gone." Solmee says coldly. "If your body is ever found that is."

Anger flashes in the older woman's eyes.

"Are you wondering where your father is? Or where Han Seok is?" Choi Myunghee smiles. It was a smile that was completely wrong, devoid of emotion and full of cunning. "I bet your father is having a nice little chat with him now, if he hasn't already lost it and killed him."