Chapter 15

The police had an extremely busy night trying to get statements from people and piece together what had happened.

Solmee wasn't worried, she had an alibi, Han Seo.

People had seen her talking to him during the party, the reporters had heard them flirting, they'd seen them holding hands, and then they'd left the party, not together but several security personnel had seen them together, quite involved with one another.

She made no attempt to hide the hickey on her collar either, at least not until Choi Myunghee arrived with Han Seok; the latter had spotted it immediately clenching his jaw as he fixated on the mark with a hardened stir. 

Solmee brushed her hair over her shoulder to conceal it from him.

After talking to Prosecutor Jung In Kuk, Choi Myunghee informed Solmee and Han Seo of the situation.

The main suspect had become Sol Seul Gi, aconite had been found in her lipstick, which had been freshly purchased the day before, they'd found botanical books in her apartment, one of them with a folded page explaining about monkshood (Aconite.) Solmee had someone switch the woman's housekeeper and plant the evidence, and she had also purchased the plant using Sol Seul Gi's name.

Paired with the fact that people had seen Sol Seul Gi and Kwang Yeon Han arguing at the party, the prosecution could only come to the conclusion that she'd either planned for both of them to die together, or planned to kill Kwang Yeong Han, and made a mistake accidentally poisoning herself too.

Since both were dead and there were no signs of foul play from any outside party, they had no choice but to close the case in the end.

Han Seok had told Choi Myunghee to get Solmee home safely, gripping his brothers shoulder firmly as he insisted upon taking him home himself.

"You did well." Choi Myunghee praised.

Solmee leaned her head against the car window, unwilling to talk with the woman. "I always do." She huffs.

Usually murder left her with an exhilarating high, but now she was feeling quite drained. She just wanted to take a bath and sleep.

"Did Kwang Yeon Han say anything to you?" Choi Myunghee asks.

"Like what?"

"Nothing in particular," Choi Myunghee lies. "Just he's not the type of person to die quietly."

"He didn't say much, he was too busy puking up his internal organs." Solmee responds. "Very noisily." She says then closes her eyes and folds her arms, indicating she wasn't going to converse any longer.

The next morning the team from last night had been invited to lunch with Wusang. To congratulate their efforts apparently. Solmee thought it was a stupid idea. It seemed like at this point they didn't care about anyone seeing them all together, maybe they thought they'd be safe since the restaurant had been completely reserved.

Solmee had at first declined. She'd woken feeling nauseous and irritable, she'd barely slept after being plagued with more night terrors and she didn't want to make things worse by having to sit in the same room as Choi Myunghee.

In the end she went, after Choi Myunghee had insisted, saying the meal was on behalf of the chairman, which meant there was no choice not to attend.

So Han Seok had planned this.

But why? Did he suspect that the mole that had almost cost them the job last night was among them? Was he planning to make a show of it?

Or was there another reason?