Chapter 32

Solmee had learned that Prosecutor Jung In Kuk had been the one to make arrangements for her father to leave prison.

He'd teamed up with Choi Myunghee due to his own greed, and since he had been the one to let a monster like her father roam free, he had also had a hand in her mother's death. For that reason, they couldn't let him live. She hadn't forgotten his threats when he tried to get her to turn her back on Han Seok whilst her child was still in her womb either.

He was harder to reach after Vincenzo had scared him when he came back from work one day to find him sitting at the dinner table with his wife and daughter. The whole family was hard to reach actually, tailed constantly by security personnel.

So Solmee had to get a little creative. Having a hacker and a member of the NIS on their side had been incredibly useful. The piano girl had looked up all of his wife's information, her social media pages, the forums and groups she took part in, her digital diary.

She was a prominent figure in one of those private groups that were Solmee's worst nightmares. A group where rich young and youngish tiger moms, planned weekly meetups to show off and brag about how great and spoiled their children were. 

With her new shorter hairstyle, some hazel contacts, eyelid tape, a fake name and change of wardrobe, she could easily pass off as one of them. She watched enough dramas to know how those entitled mothers acted anyways.

The pianist had worked her magic with a keyboard, easily creating all the necessary profiles.

She was now Han Yeri, a woman born into old money that was married to a pharmaceuticals engineer that was currently on business in the states. According to the story they'd invented for her she'd met him on campus whilst studying abroad at the John Hopkins University school of medicine, they'd fell in love, had a whirlwind marriage and then Han Yeri had gotten pregnant and become a devoted housewife. She was joining the group to grow her network of friends and get some advice as a first time mother.

It was an impressive profile, but Solmee was a good actress and she had enough medical knowledge from her surgical career to be able to pull it off if she was interrogated. They'd dressed her up into her persona, stockings, nude heels and a cream coloured wrap dress. She looked elegant and demure and everything like the meek housewife they'd concocted.

The members of Geumga plaza received temporary makeovers too to build a fake family for her; the owner if Yeonho snack bar became a glamorous mother wrapped in furs, and the others were her brothers, and sisters and uncles and cousins. Then they took some convincing looking photos.

They had enjoyed the process but Solmee couldn't help but feel a little sad. She'd wanted to take a proper family photo with her mother, her brother, Han Seok, Han Seo and Mi Suk. But now she would never have the chance.

There was only one photo on her phone,  a badly timed photo of her mother holding Mi Suk, Han Seok was in the picture with his eyes on his daughter, and a hand around Solmee's waist, but it was blurry because as Vincenzo had been about to take it, Chayoung had tried to snatch he phone from him to tell him to get into the picture too.

She stared at the picture, at her mother and baby, missing them both.

The owner of Yeonho snack bar understood her feelings as a mother herself and gave Solmee's fore arm a squeeze.

"You can do this, for both of them."

Solmee nodded and offered the woman a small smile. She was right. This was for the both of them, revenge for her mother and to keep Mi Suk safe.

Solmee received her first message from prosecutor Jung In Kuk's wife not even an hour later.

Welcome to the group Han Yeri! 11am at La Yeon, See you there~