Chapter 6

Forming an Army?

"This is mad, who'd want to be taught by me? I'm nothing but lies in case you lot haven't forgotten." Harry had been complaining ever since Adeline persuaded him to teach others to defend themselves.

"Don't forget Cedric is too," Adeline said laughing trying to lighten the mood, Ron seemed to catch on and laughed as well while Hermione ignored them and tried to encourage Harry that this was a good idea.

"Lovely spot." Adeline raised her eyebrows looking around at the Hogs Head thinking this was already a bad idea.

"Don't you think it's a bit suspicious that a bunch of students will be in here when it seems that no one ever comes in here?" Adeline whispered to Hermione.

"Exactly that's the point, no one ever comes in here so no one will overhear, come on let's pull up chairs while everyone gets here," Hermione said as she was pulling up chairs. Adeline just shrugged and thought The Three Broomsticks was better since it's noisier and students go in there all the time so it wouldn't be all suspicious. 10 minutes later, the pub was filled with about 30 students from all houses except for Slytherin. Adeline nudged Hermione to start speaking.

"'Um hi so you all know why we're here need a teacher proper teacher one who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts-

"Why?"

"Smith," Cedric warned his fellow Hufflepuff.

"Why? cuz You-Know-Who's back you tosspot!" Ron snapped

"So he says."

"Dumbledore says so."

"Dumbledore says only because he does, my point and everyone else's point is where is the proof."

It was quiet until a Ravenclaw who Adeline recognized as Micheal Corner spoke up.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got injured since Diggory doesn't remem-"

Cedric shifted uncomfortably being reminded of the pain he went through to recover.

"Look I'm not gonna speak on Cedric's behalf, if you would like to know what happened then speak to Cedric about and if you want to know everything about St. Mungos, talk to Adeline." Harry then turned to Adeline, "Come on Adeline they only came here because they think I'm a lying freak, can we please go?" Harry begged Adeline until Luna spoke up.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus charm?"

Adeline spoke up this time, "Yes, I've seen it."

"You killed the basilisk with the sword in Dumbledore's office in our second year." Adeline and Hermione both nod their head.

"In the third year, he fought about a hundred Dementors at once."

"last year he did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh-"

"Wait! Look it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, and I nearly always had help, facing this stuff in real life it's not like school, in school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend almost die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like." Harry said trailing off.

"You're right Harry, we don't, that's why we need you to teach us if we have any chance of beating Voldermort," Adeline spoke looking at Harry.

"He's back?" Nigel, who Adeline recognized as a second-year in Gryffindor asked.

Harry looked up slightly and nodded his head. Everyone then agreed to get taught by Harry and all stood in line to write their names on a parchment.

"Professor Potter has a ring to it don't ya think," Adeline said cheeky to Harry.

"Shut up." Harry said with a small smile then smirked, "So your date is today which is the famous Nott?"

"His name is Theodore you know and it's not just Nott." Adeline smiled realizing what she said. "Ah! See what I did there." Adeline and Harry looked at each other and then started bursting out into a laugh but soon ended when Hermione scolded them.

They all walked out once everyone's name was written down on the charmed parchment Adeline had the idea to jinx it in case someone told her. Harry, Cedric, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Fred, and George started walking toward the castle then Adeline bid goodbye to them.

"Well, I'm off see you a lot later." Adeline waved off at them

"Have fun on your date!" Harry and Cedric yelled out with huge grins on their faces.

"Make sure to tell me all about it when you get back!" Hermione said with Ginny agreeing with her.

"A date? With who!" Ron called out. Adeline rolled her eyes at them and walked off to The Three Broomsticks, where she would meet Theodore.