Chapter 52

Battle of Hogwarts

Snape had given Adeline a robe and instructed her to blend in with the other Hogwarts students.

When she looked at the robe before slipping it on, she laughed as she looked at the Hufflepuff crest on the robes.

"Put your hair down for now and look down, we are going to pass the corridor leading from the Hufflepuff common room to the Great Hall, stay in the back, and don't talk to anyone until its safe," Snape told Adeline as she was getting her hair out of her braid and now attempting to hide her face, "This is where I leave you, be safe Adeline," Snape smiled at Adeline as she quickly walked in to blend with the other Hufflepuffs.

Thankfully no one noticed her and just assumed she was just another Hufflepuff who came running late.

All houses and students were now in the Great Hall standing in rows upon house and year.

Adeline was standing in the back corner as she waited for all the houses to get settled in and once Snape started talking, as always, she zoned out and didn't pay much attention.

She didn't catch that it was Harry whom Snape was talking about until many gasps filled the hall and she turned to see Harry standing in the middle of the hall.

"...it seems that you still have a problem about security Headmaster," Harry spoke as he stared at Snape and The Order of the Phoenix had now walked into the hall, "and I'm afraid, it's quite extensive...how dare you stand there where he once stood, tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man that trusted you and killed him!" Harry yelled at Snape.

Snape drew his wand and McGonagall immediately drew hers and pushed Harry out of the way. The 2 professors dueled but it seemed that Snape had made no effort into dueling McGonagall. He turned to make eye contact with Adeline, gave her a nod, and disapparated away.

McGonagall started shouting at Snape and cheers immediately erupted in the hall. Adeline ran forward to her brother but noticed he had looked as if he was about to fall.

"Harry..."

The hall immediately turned dark as it was all quiet. Adeline was now in front of Harry but he didn't process seeing his sister. Screams then filled the hall.

"I know that many of you will want to fight...some of you may even think to fight is wise...but this is foly, give me Harry Potter and none shall be harmed...and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched...give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded...you have one hour," The voice of Voldemort filled the hall.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?!?!" Pansy Parkinson yelled out, "Someone grab him!"

Adeline immediately stood in front of her brother and held her wand up to the girl, many others did the same.

Filch came running in, and it hit Harry that Adeline was there.

He grabbed her arm and smiled as she looked into the eyes of his sister and crushed her in a hug. Adeline laughed as she hugged Harry back.

"You're safe," Harry breathed out.

"I been, I've always been," She smiled and Ron and Hermione also joined the hug as they all cried seeing the girl again as she had been missing since Christmas.

Adeline looked up and saw her parents, Cedric and Allison, looking at her shocked.

She ran to her parents and they all hugged her with so much relief.

"Never thought I see the day of you in Hufflepuff robes," Cedric smiled as Adeline then started taking off the robe.

"That is the first and last time," Adeline smiled as she stared at her family and Harry soon joined them after he spoke with McGonagall.