Chapter 22

Meet-up

"Promise to write?"

"I'll write the most I can Addi."

"Just for 3 weeks."

"Just for 3 weeks and I'll be back." Harry was going back to the Dursleys in which Adeline hated him going back there for how they treated him. Harry hugged Adeline since she was always the last one he said his goodbyes to before Amos apparated Harry back.

"Oh don't forget we have something planned for your birthday!" Adeline exclaimed.

Harry grinned, "Well that's another thing I'll be looking forward to."

"What's the other thing?" Julianne asked, looking at the boy she counted as her son.

"To come back here, my home," Harry said smiling at Juliane then at Adeline and Cedric, and finally at Amos. Julianne's eyes had gotten watery as she went to hug Harry once again. 

All Julianne and Amos wanted for Harry was happiness since it was all taken from him when he was at the age of 1. They took him in and treated them like their own. 

"Off you go, okay we'll see you soon," Julianne said.

Cedric went to give Harry another quick hug, "Maybe you won't suck at the piano when you come back." Cedric chuckled.

"It's 3 weeks that I'm gone and when I'm back you can teach me from the beginning again." Harry said while rolling his eyes playfully and he turned to Adeline, "What? Am I not gonna get another hug from my favorite short person." Harry said teasingly.

"Shut up, I'm not that short, I'm 5'5!" Adeline exclaimed, "It's not my fault you're 5'8 and that's not much more than me." Adeline said, hugging Harry.

"5'8 and growing." Harry grinned as they pulled away and Adeline rolled her eyes playfully. Harry smiled at the family before him that he would soon be officially a part of but that part was unknown to him for now. He then walked off to meet Amos.

"Mom," Adeline said as they walked into the Manor to their kitchen.

"Yes?" Julianne replied.

"Can you do the countercurse so I can go do my nails tomorrow?" Adeline asked.

"Are you going alone?" Julianne asked as he did wandless magic to take the charm off of her nails.

Adeline froze for a quick second, Julianne never really asked if she was going alone unless she was suspicious of Adeline.

"Have you seen my broom?" Cedric asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Cedric!" Adeline exclaimed and Cedric's face was full of confusion.

"You're going to get your nails done with Cedric?" Julianne asked and Adeline nodded her head, "I thought Cedric was going to Alex's tomorrow?"

"I am-"

"He's taking me to get my nails done and I'm tagging along with him to see Alex and I'm going to hang out with Hannah, you know Hannah Abbott, Alex's younger sister that's in my year," Adeline said.

Julianne thought for a moment, "Fine you can go, I'll give you muggle money later and Cedric, your broom is in Adeline's room, she was waxing it." Julianne said and Adeline immediately ran to her room.

"Thanks, Mom," Cedric said and started to run off but Julianne called him back.

"Take care of your sister tomorrow and maybe get your nails done as well for fun." Julianne smiled

"I will and uhh we'll see if we get that far because I might murder your daughter." Cedric gave his mother a sarcastic smile and ran off to Adeline's room before Julianne could question him. "Adeline Julianne Diggory!" Cedric shouted as he ran into Adeline's room.