Bolt

2 updates to make up for a week of nothing! Xx

-12 years later-

"Another bar brawl, for Thor's sake Bolt. You've got to get this under control." My president lays into me again as I clutch at my jaw, blood running from my forehead and into my eyes. The man who looked at me funny is still on the floor.

That'll teach him.

The voice snarls triumphantly in my head,  proud at our victorious win. That is until my jaw clicks again and I cry out in pain.

Bear sighs and rolls his eyes before clicking his fingers for fucking Dagger to come closer. Dagger only joined last year after he succeeded as prospect, he makes me look like a saint the number of women he gets through in a week.

"Dagger, take Bolt to the hospital. He has a dislocated jaw."

Bear grins at me as if to say that I deserve this, which I know to be true. Dagger grimaces and I snarl at him in warning,

Teach him a lesson.

Fisting my hands together, I try to block out his aggression. It doesn't work but I do manage to resist the tempting promise of teaching Dagger a lesson in respect with my fist.

The journey to the hospital is silent, well silent from conversation, Dagger put on the radio and it fills the silence and lets the roaring slightly dissipate from the very front of my mind.

Watching the darkness of night fly past me, I clench my fists as the sharp pain blinds across my eyes. Normally, I would clench my jaw to calm my mood, but now it's my fucking jaw dampening my mood.

"Did you see the talent on that precious." Dagger tries to start a conversation with me, about one of the club groupies no less. I want no part in this conversation, what he does and what I do should and are kept separate.

Rolling my eyes, I point to my jaw. It's not like I can fucking talk and I have no desire to talk to fucking Dagger about his next conquest, or mine for that matter.

He quickly gets the message and turns the radio up more, finally I the hospital sign and I know this journey will almost be over.

"Fucking god." I grind out as I go over a bump in the road causing me to bite down on my jaw hard. Pain explodes and blossoms between my jaw and head. It almost brings tears to my eyes.

That fucker shouldn't have got so close. You're useless.

I don't even realise that the car has stopped moving until Dagger taps me on the shoulder. I instantly turn, my fist raised for the fight but Dagger knocks it out of the way. He is wary of my moods, my beast, but he shows less concern for pissing me off than most.

He has a fucking death wish. Teach him what happens.

"Get a grip Bolt. Or the next hit will be your jaw."

A whimper of fear almost breaks from me but I keep it caged in my throat, I don't want it to hurt anymore.

Sighing, I clench and wring my hands together as I get out of the car, Dagger following behind me with a bored and contemptible expression on his face.

Let's hope this won't be too fucking long, the automatic doors open for us as we walk into the emergency room.

I take a seat on one of the plastic chairs as Dagger signs me in and explains the problem, it's not like I could explain exactly. I just hope the useless fucker gets all my details right.

"There's only a waiting time of about half an hour." Dagger informs me as he takes a seat beside me, I don't even try to reply. I just roll my eyes as I watch Dagger stare at all the nurses walking past us, his intentions obviously clear. Not that I can judge, a nurse in uniform could get any man going.

"Mr Wilson." My name is called and I tense to the point that my jaw cracks and I cry out in pain again. That is not my name, that is his name. I don't ever want to hear that name again.

Dagger and I follow the pretty nurse down a corridor and into a small examination room where I take a seat nearest the desk and Dagger sits in the visitor's chair.

"Hello, oh um Bolt." The nurse says after a glance to my records and surprise at me name. I had my first name legally changed to the one I wanted, I couldn't afford my last name too and after a while I stopped giving a flying fuck about it.

"I've been told you've got a dislocated jaw, how much pain are you in?"

I stare at the nurse in irritation and disbelief, like I can tell her how much fucking pain I'm in.

"Sorry, stupid question. I'm a newly qualified nurse, I can ask for someone more senior if you-"

"It's fine." Dagger cuts across her nervous rambling and I immediately feel bad for making her feel so useless.

I hold up 7 fingers in the hope that the nurse understands what I'm trying to convey. She nods and writes something down in my notes.

She takes my pulse and blood pressure, I have to close my eyes as she touches me, I want to rip her hand off for touching me but if I close my eyes I can pretend it isn't a stranger touching me. I can pretend it's her.

"I'm going to examine and then relocate your jaw now Bolt. Would you like any painkiller?"

I shake my head, I'll be fine. It's not going to be that bad, nothing I can't handle.

The nurse nods and touches my jaw gently until her hands stop when she obviously finds the right place for relocation. She counts down from three and clicks it back into pain.

"Fucking hell!" I roar as the pain gets even worse, I expect it to stop after a second. But it doesn't, it just gets worse and worse until there is a darkness spotting over my vision.

I feel my body slumping over but there's nothing I can do to stop it as I fall from my chair.

There's shouting, the nurse is calling for the doctor. Just before I hit the floor I feel someone catching me, Dagger I presume.

"It's alright Bolt. I'll help you now."