Bolt

I haven't properly seen Juliet all week and it's killing me. I've been on a run, well I say run, I've been on a trip of clearing out our traitors. Juliet has been working double shifts all week and she had a big meeting tonight.

I'm riding home now with the beast thrumming in my ears. I've had a week drenched in blood, and a week with Juliet. If I don't have her in my arms soon I'm sure I'll be gone for good.

Finally, I pull to a stop outside Juliet's house. It takes a lot of self control not to sprint to the front door, luckily I manage to control myself.

The door is opened before I even have the chance to knock and my smiling woman is looking up at me, her arms already stretched wide for an embrace that I eagerly snatch up.

Her feet leave the floor as I pull her up to my chest.

"Hey doll." I murmur into her hair as I carry both myself and her over the threshold.

"Hey Bolt." She squeezes me tightly as I lower her body down to the floor.

"Bolt?" Juliet questions, her eyes full of a playful and hopeful glint.

"Yes baby?"

"Can we go to the club, I want to meet your brother's and everyone."

I'm surprised yes, but equally I'm really pleased that she was the one to suggest it. Admittedly, I was worried about formally introducing her to everyone, we can be an intimidating group.

"Sure baby, but where's this coming from?"

"Well I was talking to Astrid and Doretha today and they said how much they would like to meet me properly... unless you don't want this?"

Her nerves grip at her stomach so I lean down and capture her anxiously pointing lips against mine. The kiss is chaste but significant. I pull away and press my forehead onto hers.

"Yes, I want this. I just don't want to overwhelm you."

"Sooo..." she tugs lightly at my top, "we can go?" She blinks her eyes up at me, batting them with a flirty gaze.

"Sure." I hold my hand out and Juliet eagerly takes it. We wander down her path hand in hand, heading down towards my bike.

Juliet pauses slightly and hovers for a moment as I wander around to my saddle bags, I pull a black helmet from it.

"You bought me one?" Her voice raises with contentment and warmth, that same warmth spreads through my stomach and settles in my heart.

Walking silently over to her, I brush back wisps of her hair and carefully buckle up the helmet under her chin.

"Beautiful." I mumble, more to myself than anyone, as I kiss her nose sweetly.

Juliet climbs on behind me and winds her arms around my stomach, her fingers tracing over my abs and causing all rational thought to leave my mind.

"You hang on tight there doll."

I can feel her nodding against my back as she presses her face into my shirt. Rather surprisingly, unlike the last time, Juliet doesn't scream or even squeal. I like to think it's because she trusts me now.

"You alright there doll?" I chuckle as I try to get up from the bike but Juliet has got me caught.

"Mmmhhmmm." She grumbles, her voice still muffled from my shirt.

"Can we go then?"

Juliet takes a deep breath before releasing my torso from her clutches, I almost immediately miss the warmth of her winding arms around me. It doesn't last long, Juliet quickly presses her body into my side, hinting for me to throw my arm over her shoulder.