𝐨𝐛𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭

Lauren sprinted up the stairs, bolted down the corridor and burst into Joey's bedroom.

"Joey, you gotta come see this, Walker-"

She stopped herself, clamping a hand over her mouth as she saw Joey rubbing a hand over his face, laying in bed looking extremely tired. He groaned a little, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry," she backed away nervously. "I didn't know you were asleep."

"No, it's ok, you don't need to apologise..." Joey propped himself up on his elbows, looking down for a second. "Actually, um, would you be willing to stay here?"

She frowned a little, confused. "Hm?"

He scratched the back of his neck, then ran a hand through his hair. "It's just, uh, I'm really stressed and anxious about exams, I kinda need something to take my mind off it."

"Oh of course, I'd be happy to help," she smiled, sitting on his bed and taking his hand.

Joey tugged on her fingers, much to her confusion. He patted the small space in front of him, pouting at her, then made puppy dog eyes that were ten times cuter because he was sleepy.

"Please... pretty please, LoLo, with sugar on top," he begged, sticking his bottom lip out.

"Okay, JoJo, since you asked so nicely..." she stood up, watching as he pulled back the covers and shuffled backwards to give her more room.

She slipped into bed in front of him, and he immediately wrapped his arms around her waist. Lauren laced her fingers with his, blushing a little as butterflies came alive in her stomach. He rested his chin on her shoulder then pulled her closer to him. They cuddled in silence for a few seconds, before he spoke up.

"We're not just friends, are we?" Joey asked, squeezing her waist a little.

Lauren rolled her eyes, not that he could see, then smiled. "Obviously not."