𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐣𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞

Lauren was sat at her desk, the lights around her mirror on full brightness, lipsticks, eyeshadow palettes and tubes of foundation littering the wooden surface. In short, she was getting ready for a party.

She had a glass of wine in the corner of her desk and she could hear Julia shouting at Jaime to turn her music down.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on her open door. She spun round in her chair and smiled at who she saw.

"Hey Lo," Joey smiled, hands in pockets.

"Joey, what a nice surprise," she waved him into her room. "Who let you in?"

"Jaime, she seemed pretty excited to see me here," he frowned a little, seemingly confused at their friend's eccentric behaviour.

Lauren shrugged, turning a little to face her mirror once more. "You know Jaime, always looking for a way to get people together."

"Huh?"

"Never mind..."

Silence settled between the two as Joey looked around, Lauren sipping her wine and taking the opportunity to survey his outfit in the mirror. She had to admit, he cleaned up nice.

"So when you and the girls get ready for a party, is it usually this loud?" He scrunched his nose up a little, a smile pulling at his lips.

"Once again, you know Jaime," she giggled. "She can't get ready for a party without music or wine."

He shrugged, nodding his head a little. "Sophisticated."

"Yeah," she grinned, returning to the task she was carrying out before Joey turned up.

She turned her straighteners on, piquing his interest for whatever reason.

"Whatcha doing?" He wondered aloud, coming to stand behind her.

"I'm straightening my hair," she replied as if it were obvious, shaking her hand a little and waving the flat iron around.

"Why?"

She sighed a little, shuffling to face him as he moved to her side. "Cos it's curly and I don't want it curly."

"Why not?" He pouted a little. "It looks nice."

"Well that's your opinion," she shook him off, proceeding to straighten her curls.

"And my opinion is right," he insisted, kneeling down next to her and pointing at the mirror, now on the same eye level. "Look how pretty you are."

Lauren blushed a little, clearing her throat. "Oh stop it, you're just saying that."

He chuckled at her modesty, his eyes dropping down to her lips more than they should've. "The thing is though, I'm not. Come on, you're beautiful."

"Joey..." she trailed off, looking to the floor as she placed the straighteners down.

"What?"

He pushed up onto one knee, blushing as she made eye contact. She leaned forward, cupping a hand to his cheek so she could pull him closer. He could feel her breath on his lips, so he nudged her nose with his, tilting her chin upwards slightly. His eyes fluttered shut as their lips connected in a sweet, gentle kiss. She pulled away, resting her forehead against his.

"You're sweet," Lauren giggled, rubbing circles into his cheek with her thumb.

"Thank you," he breathed, blushing immensely. "You're sweet and pretty."

"You're sweet and gorgeous," she came back.

He chuckled, before turning her chair head on and kissing her again. He kneeled on the floor, her arms wrapping around his neck and his hands coming to rest on her knees. She pulled away for a second, moving his hands to rest on her waist, before leaning in again with a smile on her face.

"Yes!" Jaime squealed, from the doorway.

Lauren stuck her middle finger out, Joey oblivious to her response, as Jaime celebrated as quietly as she could, which wasn't all that quiet. But you know Jaime, always looking for a way to get people together, and luckily she didn't have to look anymore.