𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

The sun was shining, the breeze warm and gentle, and Joey and Lauren were stuck inside revising for a test. They were sat at the dining table, books and paper and pens piled around them. After Lauren had missed a month of physics, Joey was helping her catch up on some of the stuff she didn't understand.

"Okay..." Lauren trailed off, clicking the cap back on her highlighter. "I think I get that, yeah, let's move on."

"Okay the next thing is, ionic bonding." Joey said, ticking off the previous topic on his list.

Lauren frowned, face dead serious. "What the fuck is ionic bonding?"

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Two atoms of different elements transfer electrons so they have full outer shells. This makes one atom a positive ion, the other a negative ion, and because they are oppositely charged, they're attracted to each other."

"You can say that again..." came a teasing voice from the couch.

"Jaime!" Lauren snapped, playfully but seriously, as the girl's head popped up from behind the sofa.

"What?" She shrugged, eyes twinkling mischievously. "He talks to the guys, he should be used to this."

"Used to what?" Joey asked, confused.

"Nothing..." Lauren smiled, before Jaime could answer.

"Okay...?" He laughed a little, still baffled. "Um so for example, magnesium would lose two electrons and sulfur would gain two, leaving them both with full outer shells."

The brunette nodded, her face lighting up with a smile as she understood. "Oh... and because magnesium lost two electrons it becomes positively charged, and because sulfur gained two electrons it becomes negatively charged."

"See," he gushed, dropping his pencil. "You are so smart, you didn't need my help."

Jaime waltzed out from behind the couch, holding a hand to her heart.

"It's like that scene in Mean Girls when Aaron is teaching Cady AP Calc or some shit, and then they kiss," she sighed, biting her lip dreamily.

"Jaime drop it!" Lauren pleaded, desperate.

"You know what, no!" She said, passive aggressively. "It's about time someone told you the truth."

"What truth, I am so confused?" Joey shook his head, looking between the two girls.

Jaime smiled, placing a hand over Lauren's mouth just as she was about to talk. "Joey, she likes you. Lauren, he likes you back. And kiss."

"What? You like me back?"

"Negatively charged ions are always attracted to positively charged ions, I guess." She shrugged, coyly, blushing as they grew closer.

"You're so hot..." he smirked, placing a hand on her cheek and kissing her.

She smiled against his lips, so glad she accepted his tutoring offer.

A/N : Heyo gayos! Thank you guys so much for supporting this little fuck about book! Almost at 150 reads already and it hasn't even been a week, insane, I know. Just wanted to let you guys know, there's some longer oneshots on the horizons, possibly some that are slightly angsty, which we love to see, no story is complete without angst.

Anygays, tar for the reads (for my non-British readers, 'tar' or 'tah' is just short for thanks) and I hope everyone out there reading this shit show is having a great *insert time of day*!

Take care of yourselves, darlings, drink some water, grab yourself a snack, hun, and as Glee would say, don't stop believin'!

Bye,
Kitty xx