𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

No post yesterday cos I wasn't feeling too good mentally and I couldn't be arsed if I'm being completely honest. But you've got a longer one today, a bunch of little cute ideas shoved together. Enjoy?

Joey and Lauren had always had a touchy-feely, boyfriend-girlfriend-esque - and emotional, well, rather, honest - friendship, and it gave their friends the perfect excuse to tease them.

The pair didn't even mean to be that touchy with each other, but the way Joey would squeeze her waist whenever they hugged, or the way Lauren would play with his hair whenever she got the chance, their friends had boxes and boxes of ammunition to mock them with.

But even those simple acts of hugs and hair playing gave the two brunettes butterflies, just like nicknames and remembering small details and asking if the other had eaten that day. All of those things made Joey and Lauren blush, it made their stomachs flip and heart rates skyrocket.

Like so.

—————————

"Shit, my lecture starts in like five minutes, I should get going, it's at the other end of campus," Lauren sighed as she checked her watch, throwing her things in her backpack as she stood up to leave.

Joey finished off his coffee, handing Lauren a notebook she'd missed. "Okay, I'll see you later at Potter musical rehearsals?"

"As always, bye Joey," she smiled, walking backwards.

He stayed seated at their bench, the one they always sat at together. Joey ran a hand through his hair and returned the smile. "Bye bye, Lo."

Lauren bit her lip as she spun round, feeling her cheeks heating up as she started to walk quicker so she'd actually make it to her lecture on time.

—————————

"Is that an Iron Maiden shirt?" Joey asked Lauren, raising an eyebrow at her across the table.

"Yeah," she smiled, glancing down at herself. "It's my brother's, most of my oversized shirts are."

He smiled back, letting his eyes drift to the shirt. "Cool, I like it, it looks nice on you."

"Thank you..." she mumbled, shyly, as she slumped a little in her seat and moved her arms so the cards in her hands would cover her face a little more.

"Stop flirting you two!" Darren smirked. "We are trying to play a very intense game of strip poker!"

"For the last time, Criss, it's just poker, no one is getting naked!" Julia rolled her eyes playfully, shoving the immature boy's shoulder.

—————————

"I'm gonna miss you so much, JoJo," Lauren mumbled, her face squashed against his chest. 

Joey felt his heart flutter. He knew saying goodbye to Lauren was going to be hard, but he never imagined it would be that hard. "I'm gonna miss you too, Lo."

"Why don't you just stay here in Chicago?" She pulled away from him, looking up at him with watery eyes. "Batman's gonna be so fun and I'm sure Nick and Matt could find someone for you to play."

"I'm moving to LA, I promised myself I would after college, and now the time has come," he said, his voice low and almost wobbly as he placed his hands on her shoulders. "You're my best friend, Lo, I need you like fish need water. And I know it's gonna be so hard being away from each other, but just think about how amazing it's gonna feel when we're together again."

She let her mind wander, an impossibly cheesy rom-com scene of her and Joey playing in her head, slow-mo run into each other's arms and a teary eyed kiss- wait. No. No kiss.