𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲

Little bit of a short one, and a tiny bit of angst, nothing too big for now. I don't actually have any pure angst oneshots written up yet, they all end in fluff. Oh well. Enjoy, if you can! Also, ignore the shitty and completely unrelated photo, I just couldn't be arsed to find a better one!

A door slammed and keys jingled, the silver metal thrown into a bowl as a jacket was hung on a hook.

"Lo? Lauren? I'm so sorry I'm late, I would've texted you but my phone died and I couldn't find my charger and the Wayward meeting ran over and-" Joey was cut off by a light flicking on in the hallway, and the short girl stood there.

Lauren had fire in her eyes, boring holes into him as he stood there, quite frankly, terrified of her.

"Joseph Michael Richter... What the fuck?" She shrieked, storming forward in fury.

"Lo I'm sorry, really, my phone died I couldn't text you," he stuttered, stumbling backwards.

"Couldn't you have used Corey or Bri's phone? Or Mary Kate's or Steve's? Seriously Joey, you were gone for six hours!" She yelled, talking with her hands as her tone was soaked in worry.

"Lo this is a part of my life! Working late and my phone dying! All part of my life, I'm doing what I wanna be doing, why is that a problem?" Joey clapped back, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm a part of your life! Joey I'm your girlfriend! Of course I want you to fulfil your dreams, but can't you do that at the same time as texting me to let me know you aren't dead!" Lauren backed off a bit, relaxing a little and stepping away from him.

Joey advanced, walking round her to lean on the couch. "Don't talk like that! I'm not going anywhere!"

"How can I know that? How do I know that you're not just gonna up and leave me for some hot blonde who's better than me? How do I know that I'm not gonna wake up one day without you at my side? I can't know that, cos it's all very possible!" She snapped, tears filling her eyes.

"Stop it, my god, Lo, I'd never leave you..." he sighed, squeezing his eyes shut at the thought of his life without her.

"Thank you... but I'm still pissed! You're telling me that everyone's phones died! And no one had a charger!" She snapped back into argument mode, overwhelmed at her boyfriend's stupidity.

"Lo please stop shouting..." he whispered, willing her to stop being mad.

"What?" She begged his pardon, narrowing her eyes at the brunette.

"Nothing."

She scoffed. "Nuh uh, you said something, what did you say?"

"Nothing, Lauren, I said nothing!" He matched her volume, meeting her eyes with his, trying not to look away as he saw hurt and anger in her dark brown irises.

"Come on, tell me what you said!" Lauren insisted.

In that moment, something in him snapped, his eyes turned darker and he surged forward. He placed a hand on her waist and backed her up against the door.

For a split second, she thought Joey was going to hit her, but of course he wouldn't, instead, he pushed his lips to hers, kissing her softly and passionately at the same time, squeezing her waist a little. He pulled back and breathed heavy, as did she.

"I asked you to stop shouting. Please don't be mad at me, I'm so sorry and I love you so much, I don't ever wanna lose you, Lo..." he mumbled, slightly ashamed of his sappiness.

"JoJo... I'm so sorry, I-I was just worried about you. I hate it when you have to leave and I know you won't be back for a while cos it's like, who's gonna help me when I can't reach something from the top shelf, or when I cut myself cooking who's gonna kiss it better, and who's gonna sit and cuddle me when it's cold out? But if I join you, I'll just be intruding, and I don't wanna interrupt or stop you from living out your dream..." she trailed off, looking in his eyes as tears formed in her own.

"Lo..." he chuckled, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "You are my dream."

"Joey you do know you're the cutest, right?" She giggled, taking his hand in hers.

"I could never take that title from you," he kissed the back of her hand.

"I love you, JoJo, so much," she scrunched her nose a little, her eyes sparkling like they always did when he treated her like a princess, which was constantly.

"I love you too, LoLo, so freaking much," he smiled, kissing her gently.

And that night, they fell asleep, in each other's arms, happy as ever.