𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

Friday night, pizza party. As per, a group of the StarKids had gathered at Joey, Brian and Corey's place and were enjoying some delicious Domino's. Until they heard a knock at the door.

"She's here!" Joey smiled, jumping up from the couch and wiping his hand with a napkin.

"Who is?" Walker frowned, confused.

"My girlfriend!"

Joey checked the peephole, then undid the chain and opened the door to reveal his girlfriend. She was tall, around 5'7, and had crimped blonde hair, browny-green eyes and a pretty good sense of style.

The brunette planted a kiss on the girl's cheek, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Lauren sighed, slumping in her chair slightly and talking in a hushed tone.

"What? You know her?" Jaime quipped, leaning on the other girl's armrest.

She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "We were best friends freshman year."

"What happened?"

"She was a lying, manipulative, toxic bitch." She almost spat, eyes alight with fury. "Any boy I showed any interest in, she'd take them from me. Anything I auditioned for, she'd audition for the exact same role. She tried to kick me out of our friend group and that's when I decided I'd leave her behind and find new friends."

Jaime glanced at the girl, eyeing the blonde up and down. "She sounds like a bitch."

"That's cos she is a bitch."

"You guys, this is Ellie," Joey said, excitedly. "Ellie, this is Darren, Joe and Julia. That's Brolden and Meredith. Then Corey and Brian, you know those two, and over there is Dylan, Jaime and Lauren."

"Oh my god, Lauren?" Ellie smiled, a fake smile for sure, taking a step forward.

"Hi Ellie," she slapped on the phoniest of grins and pretended to care. "It's been a hot second, huh?"

She nodded, pursing her lips. "Yeah, you've gotten so much prettier, I bet you have all the boys chasing after you."

"Oh believe me, I don't."

"Stop being modest!"

"I'm not, I haven't had a date in six months." She deadpanned, a small smirk pulling at the corner of her lips as Ellie became visibly uncomfortable.

"Oh sweetie..." she laughed nervously, avoiding eye contact. "Well, uh, things'll get better."

Lauren rolled her eyes, going unnoticed. "That's what they all say."

After they wrapped up introductions, Joey took a trip to the kitchen to get both him and his girlfriend a drink. He picked up a bottle of water for himself, before turning and calling out to Ellie.

"El, can I get you a drink?" He smiled, tapping his fingers against the handle of the refrigerator, looking nervous.

"Sure," she looked up from her phone for a second. "I'll take a lemonade."

Joey swallowed a little, cursing himself for not buying her favourite drink. "Ooh we don't have any, how bout a coke?"

"Diet?"

"No, sorry."

She sighed, rolling her eyes at him. "Joey, you know I'm trying to cut down on sugar."

"One can of coke isn't gonna hurt," he tilted his head at her, ignoring the looks from his friends. "And you don't need to 'cut down on sugar', El."