𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

Queen Bitch has returned! I'm coming back with a bang, I guess, with some angst for y'all, a chapter that's a lot longer than my work usually is. Not relationship angst exactly, sort of life angst lol. Please read on and vote if you enjoy, my guys. Oh and SMUT WARNING! Very very light, kind of just some kissing and then implications. And a warning for those with emetophobia - like moi :) - mention of feeling sick, some words may be triggering.

Lauren let out deep breaths, telling herself if she focused on in through her nose and out through her mouth, the sick feeling in her stomach and the liquid bubbling up her throat would disappear and her breakfast would remain safely inside her digestive system.

She didn't understand why all of a sudden she was throwing up. Granted, she got sick a lot, but her usual symptoms consisted of a stuffy nose, incessant headaches, fatigue, that of a cold or bad hangover, but never vomiting.

Letting her mind wander, she pushed her back against the single stall toilet door.

She didn't feel up to four more hours of rehearsal, but she couldn't bail. Firebringer gave her such an amazing opportunity to showcase her skills and spend time with her best friends, all at once, and given she was the main character, she had to stay in that theatre.

That theatre... who was in that theatre with her?

Well, Nick, Matt and Julia for a start, Corey was always around, Rob was hanging about to help him, June milling around off-stage fiddling with costumes and accessories, the band of course, then the cast : Rachel, Jaime, Jamie B, Lauren W, Brian, Walker, Tiffany, Meredith and Joey.

Joey.

Lauren had absolutely no idea why she had internally reacted like she only just realised he was there, but she did. She lost her train of thought as she racked her brain... then she remembered.

"Friends with benefits?"

"Friends with benefits."

They shook hands, smiling at each other, before he leant down and she pushed up, kissing passionately.

Joey wrapped his arms around her waist, her arms wrapped around his neck, running her nails through the hair at the back of his head.

Lauren pulled away a little, whispering into his mouth. "Wanna take this to the bedroom?"

"Yes please."

He lifted her up, her legs wrapping around his waist as he walked through to her room, closing the door. He spun them round and pushed her against the wall, kissing down her neck. She let out small moans, music to his ears, as he licked and kissed her skin.

Merely minutes later, clothes were discarded, consent was given and Lauren practically begged him to stop teasing her.

"Please Joey... I've been waiting all week for you," she purred, running her hands down her sides.

He bit his lip, his eyes travelling down her body. "I don't have protection."

"It doesn't matter. I want you. Please let me have you."

"Are you sure you're ok with this? I am, but I wanna know you're good with no protection," he asked for confirmation.

"I'm fine with it," she smiled, heart melting at his kindness. "And I'm on birth control, so we should be fine."

"You should've told me that earlier, hot stuff-"

That was by far the best night they'd spent together in a while, it also happened to occur just days before Lauren started to feel under the weather. And sick. Bloated, cranky, emotional... weren't those symptoms of preg-