Chapter 33

When I opened my eyes, I can see a bright light. I still feel dizzy. I roamed my eyes and I knew that I was still in the office.

I think it was just a bad dream, thank God.

Then I heard Mitch, “Ella, are you okay? My gosh, what the hell happened to you?”

“Ella, here, take this,” it was Alex who is giving me a glass of water.

I took it and said, “Thank you. I just felt dizzy a while ago, but I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” I tried to smile at them.

I was a bit comfortable already after what had happened to me, it was just a bad dream Ella, I thought.

“Excuse me, maybe Ms. Hernandez is already fine. You may leave this office now. I need to talk to her,” said by a man.

I was shocked when I heard his voice. His voice is so familiar and it sends shivers to my body. My heart suddenly beats so fast and I think I might have another break down.

“Yes sir,” they said in chorus.

I was about to stand up and follow them leave the room when he stopped me.

“Ms. Hernandez, you are not leaving. We need to talk.”

I just stood there like a statue. Honestly, I can’t move a limb. I am even holding my breath.

When the door was finally closed, I heard footsteps coming towards me. Then he stopped.

I sighed, at least he is keeping his distance.

“Ella, are you really okay?” he asked.

I really don’t know what’s happening to me, but no words are coming out from my mouth.

“Ella, answer me.” He said again.

I tried to answer but still all I managed to do is nod.

“Ella, please, can you face me? We need to talk.” He said then he tried to hold my arm and faced me to him.

My body weakened at his touch and I suddenly loss my balance and he’s so fast that he was able to catch me.

I quickly moved out from his touch and tried to compose myself. I just stood there, not facing him. I’m just looking at the floor.

He held my chin up so I can face him. When our eyes met, I just burst into tears. I really can’t stop them from falling. I really hate this. Him, seeing me like this? No! This can’t be happening.

When he saw me cry, he suddenly pulled me into his arms and hugged me so tight. I tried to get out of his embrace but I can’t move. Though I struggled so much, he makes me weak.

He caressed my hair, “Hush now Ella,” and I continued with my sobs.

When I have regained my strength, I gave him a push. He was shocked with what I did and he suddenly freed me.

We were eye to eye when I forced myself to speak up, “I’m okay sir. As you’ve heard what I told my co-employees a while ago, you don’t need to worry about me. If you’ll excuse me, I have a lot of work that needs to be done.”

“Okay, you may go.” Then he turned his back on me.

Yeah, that’s it? You are always like that, you are just the same old you. I made my way out from the office and went straight to the ladies’ room. I need to fix myself. No one should see me like this.