Chapter 26

I woke up early this morning, still having a headache. I took a Paracetamol at my bedside table and swallowed it. I have to get up; this will be my first day at work.

I sat at the edge of my bed for a while; checked for my phone.

30 missed calls. All from Justin.

There’s also a text message from him and it read:

From: Justin

**I’M SORRY.**

“Just sorry?!” I hissed. “I hate you right now Justin!”

The water from the shower is warm, it calms my body. I need to focus myself and I have to be cheerful today. It’s my first day.

At the Office

I am so early today, time check, it’s 7:30. I waited at the lobby and looked for something to read. I picked up a magazine and turned the pages. On the second page, I saw a picture of Justin Madrigal at a party. I suddenly closed it and put it back at the magazine stand. What a day right?

While I was putting the magazine back, I saw Rosell came in the building and she noticed me.

“Miss Hernandez?”

I looked up at her and smiled.

“You’re so early,” she is now walking towards me. I realized that she’s beautiful also and she really has nice curves. But I think she wants to stay simple, no make-ups just a lip gloss I think.

“Yeah, maybe I’m excited,” and I laughed a little.

“Oh, well, you can come with me at the HR office.”

“Sure.” I stood up and picked up my bag.

“You can sit there while waiting for Mam Cortez,” she’s pointing at the couch near the vacant table.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Rosell, can you get me a cup of coffee? I didn’t have breakfast today,” I think it’s Mam Cortez.

“Yes mam, in aminute. By the way, Miss Hernandez is already here.”

“Thank you,” and in a minute Rosell is gone.

Miss Cortez turned to face me, “Follow me in my office.”

“So, what do you feel right now Miss Hernandez? Ready for work?” she said.

“I’m very excited and yes, very much ready Mam,” I gave her a smile.

“Mam, here’s your coffee,” it’s Rosell.

“Thank you, and Rosell, please bring Miss Hernandez to her assigned table and introduce her to the other staffs.” With those, I think she’s dismissing us.

“Let’s go, Miss Hernandez.”

“Ella, just call me Ella please.”

“Ella, Rosell.” And we smiled at each other.

“Everyone, good morning. I just want to introduce to you Miss Ella Hernandez, our new staff at JIR Publishing,” said Rosell.

The crown clapped their hands for me and some nodded and smiled at me.

“Wow! You’re working here!” He was the cute guy last time I was interviewed here. “Congrats! Welcome.” He said with a broad smile.

Rosell ushered me at my table, “This will be your table Ella. I’m going to leave you now.” And she left.

“I’m really happy that you are seated beside me, by the way, Alex is my name,” he offered his hand and I took it.

“Ella,” I smiled at him.

“Hey Alex, let go of her hand. I’m Mitch.” I looked at her and took also her hand to shake.

“Jealous Mitch huh?” Teased by Alex.

“Never, not with you man.” Mitch said.

“Really honey? Don’t you miss my hot body and my kissable lips?” he pouted.

The next thing I know, a pen is flying aimed at Alex’ face.

“No way! That was Jurassic years ago Alexander! I was blinded by your hot looks. But now, I am wide awake, duh!” She said sarcastically.

“Don’t mind him, he’s a psychotic individual.” Mitch said to me.

“You are more psychotic because you fell in love with me.” Alex dimples shown in his face.

“Whatever psychotic!” and Mitch walked out.

“You walking out on me again?” And he laughed.

I followed Mitch and I saw her crying at the pantry.

She looked up at me and wiped away her tears.

“I’m sorry.” I was about to get out of the pantry when she stopped me.

“It’s okay Ella.”

“I’m sorry for this question, but, is he your Ex?”

“No, he doesn’t want me.”

“Oh, I thought. . .” I tried to smile. “How can you say he doesn’t want you?”

“He told me so.” She said.

I just nodded. I don’t want to push her to tell me the details though I really do want to help her.

“When you are ready to share your sentiments and feelings, I’m willing to listen.” I held her hand.

“Thank you Ella. You are so kind even if this is the first time we really talked. That’s why I think he likes you.” There is sadness in her voice.

“He?” I asked her.

She just smiled. “Alex, I think he really likes you.”

“How can you say that?”

“When you had your interview last week, everyday, he is talking about you. He said things like, ‘I think I finally found her. The one who will complete me.’ He is even asking Rosell if you’ve been called and hired by the JIR Publishing.”

“I don’t think that he really is pertaining to me Mitch.”

She just smiled at me, “Let’s go.”

The whole day is very tiring for me.

 I have to read 3 manuscripts and I have to summarize them then copy-read them.

Yeah, that’s my work. One hell of a job. But I am enjoying it. Especially when I hear Alex and Mitch teasing each other. The whole day they were teasing and they are even chasing each other inside the office.

I think the staffs here are used to them.

I also think that they do like each other. Even Alex, he just doesn’t realize it yet.

“Let’s go for a coffee,” said Alex.

“Hey, are you going to treat us?” said Mitch.

“I will treat Ella, and you, you will treat yourself.” He pinched Mitch’ nose.

“You damn man! Don’t ever do that again or I’ll kill you!” She started chasing Alex along the street.

“Ella, come on!” I hear Alex shout at me.

“Nah, next time I’ll go with you. Need to go home!” I waved them good bye and waited for a taxi. Oh well, I’m a commuter once again.