Chapter 29

I turned around to look at him, tears beaming in my eyes.

“And who the hell are you?” asked Alex.

He didn’t answer but came nearer to us. Alex stood in front of me, as if protecting me from him.

“You stop right there,” said Alex. But he can’t be stopped. He pushed Alex away to face me.

“Damn you man!” Alex came to launch himself at him. Alex punched him at his face and he punched him back.

They were throwing punches to each other.

“Stop !” I shouted at them and they both looked at me. I saw Mitch went to Alex and forced him to be checked at a nearby hospital.

“For once Alex, listen to me!” I heard her shout at Alex, and I saw him follow her.

Both of them looked at me as if asking me if are-you-okay-to-stay-with-that-man?

I nodded and I saw them leave.

Justin contained himself and managed to say, “I’m sorry.”

I went beside him to look at his face, there’s a blood stain at the corner of his lip, I tried to wipe it but he held my hand.

“I’m sorry Ella,” he’s looking at me in the eye.

I just looked at him studying his face. Then I felt how much I missed him. I suddenly hugged him and burst into tears.

He hugged me back and kissed me in the forehead. “I missed you Ella, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

I looked up at him again, “You’re always saying sorry. Does it hurt?” I tried to touch his face.

“No, I’m okay. Please forgive me.”

I nodded and said, “It’s okay. Let’s go home and I’ll cure your wounds.”

We were at the living area when I said, “Wait for a while, I’ll get some ice and the medicine kit.”

When I came back, I saw him leaning at the couch, his eyes closed. I sneaked beside him, afraid to wake him up. I looked at him closely; even bruised he is still handsome.

Our faces were inches away when he opened his eyes, I was shocked and I can’t move. I saw his lips, those lips I want to kiss. We stared at each other for seconds, I feel so awkward. This handsome god is beside me, what if I kiss him, will he respond? I erased that thought. A girl should not do the first move.

His lip is getting nearer. Is he going to kiss me? I am not ready yet, I calmed myself and grabbed the ice bag and put it on his one of his bruises.