Chapter 12

I woke up the next day and it’s already 10 in the morning. My parents are not around. Of course, they should be early for work and me, because I decided not to find a job yet, I will enjoy my vacation. I know that once a student graduated from college and starts working, there will be no vacations for them. Just pure work, work, work!

I went to my room to take a bath before having my Brunch. I wore my favorite denim pants and a sleeveless top, put on my braid and my doll shoes. Yeah, that’s how I dress. Simple, yet stunning, I am quoting my best dad.

I went to the kitchen and saw Manang Luisa cooking.

“Ella, you’re awake already. Do you want to eat your breakfast?”

“Yes manang, I’ll just have what you’re cooking. It smells good and yummy,” I smiled at her.

“Okay, but this is just Spaghetti with meatballs, you sure this is only what you want to eat?” She handed me a plate and served me with the spaghetti.

“Oh yes, actually this would be Brunch. I’ll go to the mall and treat myself a shopping,” I winked at her, “by the way, you and Manong Jun may join me.”

“We already ate Ella, I’ll just toast you some bread and make you an Iced tea, wait for a while.”

I finished my food and helped out with the dishes. I was heading to the car when my phone rang.

“Ella! I missed you. We’re already here in Paris. I hope you are here with us, this is a very lovers’ place. Love is in the air.”

“Hey Trish, slow down. I missed you too. Hmp, I can’t be with you there, it’s your honeymoon, and no one should disturb you.”

“Yeah I know, but this is our dream place to travel right?” There is sadness in her voice.

“Hey, don’t feel sad. We can go there some other time when you’re not in your honeymoon!” I spat.

“I’m always sad, I don’t know why.  Maybe it’s because of the hormones and my pregnancy. I always cry with simple things, even Nate doesn’t know how to stop me from crying,” she’s sniffing.

I don’t know how to comfort her. “Trish you know what, maybe that’s normal for pregnant women. Please deal with it and don’t be hard with Nate. He’s a good man.”

“Yes I know. Thank you. By the way, how are you and Justin going?”

“Why ask? We just met at your wedding and you said so many things about me and I don’t even know what else you’ve told him!”

“I’m sorry okay. But he’s also a good man. He’s Nate’s best friend. He’s one of the most eligible bachelors in our country. Many girls have him just in their fantasies, but you, you can have him in reality,” and with that she laughed. Maybe an evil witch’s laugh.

“Yeah, he’s every girl’s fantasies. I heard one of the girls from your wedding fantasized him” I sigh.

“You are pretty and I know he could fall for you best,” she sounds so comforting.

“Haha, don’t worry about me. My man is surely looking for me. He’s just around,” I told her to lighten our moods.

“Okay, you’re right, but I like Justin for you. I gotta go, my husband’s waiting for me. Bye,” and she ended the call.

Is he really looking for me, or do I have to look for him and give him some directions to easily get to me? I thought.

**Note: Next chapter, kilig mode. Hope you enjoy reading "The Best Man" Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks. =)**