Chapter 39

Another day and I have to face work again. It's been days also since I had a talk with Justin. Maybe, it is much better not to see him for now. I am still fixing myself as my past started to haunt me again.

"Hey Ella, how are you? I've been so worried about you. You just collapsed, have you seen a doctor already? Do you want me to help you? Let's go and see a doctor now," Alex said as he looks into Ella's eyes full of worries.

"I think Alex is right Ella, do you want to go and see a doctor now?", Mitch agreed

"I'm okay guys, you don't have to worry about me. It's just that I just really felt dizzy, and suddenly collapsed. Maybe because I was not able to eat breakfast then," Ella replied.

Then suddenly, "Good morning everyone, I would like to meet each and one of you," Mr. Rojas said as he approached the three of them.

Ella's body stiffened as he comes closer to them. Ella, calm down, act naturally. Act as if you do not know him, Ella tried to convince herself.

"Good morning sir!," Alex and Mitch said in unison.

"Good morning," Mr. Rojas replied to them, and he looked at Ella.

Ella finally looked at him straight in the eye and said, "Good morning sir."

Mr. Rojas smiled at her. Ella stopped herself. No Ella, do not give in with his smile. He is still a liar, coward, bastard, idiot! Ella managed to walk away and go back to her cubicle. As she is near the door, "Ms. Hernandez, I would like to have a minute with you."

Mitch and Alex heard that and they suddenly went out of the pantry. Please Alex, Mitch, don't leave me with this bastard. But Ella could not say a thing to them. As she hear the footsteps getting near her, her heart pounds and beats faster and faster. She began to sweat and tremble, but she has to maintain her poise. She should not let herself collapse again in front of this man.

"Ella, please, can we talk?" Jonas said.

"You can say whatever you wish to say right now sir," Ella managed to reply.

"Can we talk over coffee after work?"

"Sir, my time is very precious. If it is about my work here, you can say it right here, right now."

"I wish I could talk to you personally," Jonas answered.

"Sir, I don't have time, and if you're not going to tell me now, then will you please excuse me, I have a lot of things to finish and deadlines to meet," and she left him.

Ella walked straight to her cubicle and sat on her chair. Whew, Ella, that was a tough one, but good girl, you managed to talk to him. Just stay strong. She encouraged herself.

At last, time to go home. I should be leaving soon, and I don't want to see him again, alone. Ella called Manong Jun to fetch her. While waiting for Manong Jun, a black volvo appeared in front of her. A good looking man in his white shirt and maong pants went out of the car. It was Justin!