Chapter 38

I am at the veranda, waiting for Trish and Nate. This scenery is very calming, I can hear the birds chirping,  the cool breeze the wind touches my face and the golden sunset, what a lovely sight.

"Ella! You're already here. How long have you waited? Have you eaten already? Are you okay? What are you feeling right now? Ell.."
I cut her in, "I just waited for about 10 minutes."

"Let's go inside," she said as we enter their house.

"I am okay, I hope I am okay, I really want to be okay." I muttered.

We had a sumptuous dinner, however, I was not able to eat a lot. It seems like I don't have an appetite and my mind is bothered by a lot of things right now.

"Don't sleep too late honey, I'll just be in the office working on some papers if you need anything okay?" Nate said to Trish as he patted a good night kiss on her forehead, and he left the room.

"You've been silent since you arrived, and you haven't eaten much during dinner," Trish worriedly said to me.

"It's just that, I have been thinking a lot since that day. He's back and I collapsed as I heard his name, and to think, I am working in his company and he's my boss."

Trish hugged me, and I bursted into tears.

"Why now? Why did he come back when all I know is I have already moved on?". I sniffed while Trish is cuddling me tight.

"I think, he's back for a closure."

"I don't know if I even wanted a closure right now, I am happy that Justin came into my life, but I am torned, what if Jonas really had a reason why he left me? Is this fate? Where I am already falling for Justin and yet the past suddenly knocks again? Is this even fair?" I really had a lot of questions in my mind and I am really not sure if I am prepared for the answers.

"Ella, I think it is destined that you and Jonas crossed paths again, to have a new beginning with Justin. If ever he asks you if you two can talk, give him the chance. To clear all your questions and have a calm heart."

"For five years! He has not shown even his shadow, and now he's here! He did not even bother to contact me after he had left, he does not care about me. Oh well, yeah, it's because we're just friends. And it's just me who thought we were more than that." I hissed.

"Ella, I know you're hurt. But it is still your decision if you will be giving a chance for yourself to answer your questions in the past five years. Or, you'll just leave all behind and move forward continuously."

"I really don't know what to do now Trish, I don't know if I will be able to come to work everyday and I will everyday see him because he's my boss."

"Maybe,you have to be professional as much as possible. I know you are a strong intelligent woman, and I know you can deal with this."

"Yeah, strong and intelligent, but when it comes to love, I am weak and I can't think of clearly," I sniffed.

"Let's just see in the next coming days. But I trust you a lot. Just always remember that I am always here for you." She hugged me tight.

"But you know what, don't mind that jerk from the past. Still, I want Justin for you. He really is a good man." She winked at me.

"I know. It's just that my heart suddenly betrayed me. At the sight of him in the office, flashbacks started to come in and then I suddenly collapsed."

"Always go for the one that makes you happy best", "I want you to be happy like I am right now."

I nodded and we fell asleep.