Chapter 22

The scene is calming and it is near sunset. Justin is very quiet since Trish and Nate left. What is he thinking? If he’s going to ask me, I’ll tell him I’m thinking of him. Haha, As if I could tell him that, I thought.

“Ella,”

“Justin,”

We said at the same time. We smiled and I said, “You first.”

“No, lady’s first.” He is a gentleman as ever.

“How can I get home? Trish left me here; I’m not bringing my phone with me.” I pouted.

“Cute.” He said. Me? Cute? It made me giggle but I hid it.

“I’ll take you home.” He said again.

“Okay, thank you.” “So, how are you?”

“I’m okay. I can still deal with all the problems, I hope I won’t break down,” he winked at me.

Why do I feel this way? Whenever he is near me, I catch my breath, my heart beats fast and I can’t think of anything but him.

“That’s good, but you need to give yourself a break.”

“Yes, I’ll do, but maybe not now. I have a lot of things that need to be done.”

He laid down the picnic blanket and closed his eyes. I can stare at him forever. I want to touch his face, run a finger to his nose, and kiss those lips.

“Ahm, Justin,” he opened his eyes but not looking at me, “would you want to lay your head down here in my lap?” I asked him. I nearly choked when I asked him, I am really nervous. Why did I ask him that?

Then he looked at me and smiled. He moved and now, his head is on my lap.

He closed his eyes again and whispered, “So relaxing.”

Why can he relax and me I’m so stiff. My gosh, I need to calm my heart. It is beating so fast.

Lub-dub, Lub-dub

I stroke his hair and my other hand is on my lap when he suddenly held my hand and caressed it. I want to shout! I can’t help this feeling anymore. Why is he giving me goose bumps?

He did not let go of my hand and I continued stroking his hair. His hair is so soft and I can still smell the scent of his shampoo. His body wash. I tried to run my finger along his nose and stared at him closely. He really is handsome.

Then I heard him chuckle. “Enjoying the view?” Still his eyes closed.

“Yes,” I managed to say.

We were like that for minutes, or maybe hours. No talking, just touching, caressing each other.

He got up and said, “We have to go, it’s getting dark. I’ll take you home.”

Even if I wanted to tell him, that I don’t want to go home yet, I thought that maybe he’s right. He needs to rest after a very long day for him.

I gathered all the things we used and put them again inside the basket and we left.

We are still silent inside the car. Maybe, both of us don’t know what to say.

I started the conversation. “I’m starting to work on Monday,” I looked at him.

“Good, congrats,” his eyes on the road.

Then awkward silence again. I hate this.

“I didn’t see you for quite a while,” trying to start a conversation again.