Chapter 8

The day has come and my best friend is really getting married. Reality struck us when we hugged each other, tears flowing down our faces.

“Hey, don’t cry. Your make-up may stain your gown,” I hugged her harder.

“I love you Ella, you’re the best. Please promise me that you’ll marry too, okay?”

“Yeah, I promise. Compose yourself. Your husband to be is waiting for you downstairs. Wipe away your tears.”

Then the wedding coordinator entered the room and gave us the cue. “We’ll start already, Ms. Ella, please make your way to the entourage. Ms. Trish, are you ready?”

“Yes,” she whispered. Before I went out of the room, I waved at her and said, “You really are stunning,” and I blew a kiss to her.

Everyone is gathered at the venue. I can see that this is really an intimate gathering because it’s just Nate and Trish’ family who are here and some of their closest friends. I heard the coordinators that the best man is not yet here but we really have to start. They’ve given us the cue and we made our walk down thru the aisle.

Now, Trish is making her way to the aisle as I can see anxiety in her face. I was watching her when, “Look, he’s so handsome.” I heard one of the bridesmaids say. I don’t care who that guy they are talking about is. I am busy cherishing my best friend’s moment. “He really is hot,” the bridesmaid said. I am really annoyed and I looked at that direction, but Nate is covering him because Trish has finally reached the altar. I didn’t even bother to look at the guy because the ceremony has begun.

I accidentally looked at the side of the best man and I was shocked of what I saw. It’s him! My heart beat fast, and I can’t take my eyes off him. It was when the pastor happily announced to welcome the newlyweds that caught my attention. 

Cameras here, Flashes there. Oh how I hate these moments. I excused myself and went to the buffet table to look for something to eat. I am really starving. I was about to eat my brownies when someone is standing right beside me.

“Hi, can’t wait for the cue of the coordinators?” he winked at me.

Stunned of who that person is, I opened my mouth but no words came out. “Miss, close your mouth.” He’s grinning. I hate this, for the second time! I closed my mouth and managed to say, “Yeah, I am really starving. The coordinators should not let this happen. We could’ve die from starving,” unintentionally, I pouted.

He laughed at me and grabbed the brownies and put it in his mouth. “You’re right. I am starving too. These are delicious,” looking at the empty wrapper.

I watched him chew; he’s more handsome at this angle. I am really enjoying my view. “Enjoying the view?” he said as if he could read my mind.

“Yes, I mean No! What are you talking about?” I hissed.

“Nate and Trish, they are now married. Nate has finally settled down though at first he has second thoughts.”

“Oh, that. Yes, Trish is very happy. I can say that. She deserves to be happy. She’s really a good friend.”

We watched the couple when I realized what he said at the last part of his sentence, “second thoughts? What do you mean?”

“Nothing,” he just smiled enjoying his own view of the newlyweds. “By the way, I am Justin. Best friend of Nate.”

I reached for his offered hand, so soft. I would want to hold his hand forever, “Ella.”

“So you are Ella, I have heard a lot of things about you.”

Shocked, I faced him. “And what did my best friend tell you about me?”

He’s smirking. “None of what you want to know.”

I narrowed my eyes on him. “What? Tell me.”

“You really want to know?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. She said that you are a beautiful, intelligent, kind woman, bubbly and…”

“and what?”

“You really want to know?” Now he’s laughing.

“Okay, she also said that you didn’t have any boy friend since birth, no flings, never been touched or kissed, in short a virgin!”

I flushed with what I heard and I can’t say anything about it. Yes these are all true, but Trish stepped beyond the line. That was too private. I shook my head in disbelief.

He stood in front of me so that I am facing him and he raised my head, “And that makes you more interesting.”

I know I blushed again, I can’t stop that reaction. My body is betraying me.

“You two have met. At last!” It’s Trish and she’s shouting out loud. She’s walking toward us, Nate behind her.

“Congratulations Nate. Trish, he hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.” I felt a little jealous. But why, we’re not even an item.

“Hey men, that’s my wife. Find yourself one,” Nate said as he removes the hands of Justin on Trish’ waist.

“He has found one!” Kate shouted delightedly.

I narrowed my eye on her and snatched her hand and drag her outside the place, “Please excuse us. I just want to have a talk with my best friend.”

“And what the hell are you doing?” she asked me.

“You owe me an explanation!” I spat.

“You are the one who need to explain. You dragged me out of my own wedding. What’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me! Why did you tell Justin all those things? I can’t believe you. You told him that I’m a NBSB and that I’m a virgin!”

She laughed at me. “Is that the issue? Ella, you don’t have to worry, and well in fact, they are all true right?”

“But, that is beyond private Trish.” I am nearing in to tears.

“I’m so sorry. I just thought of finding you your other half.” Yes, I have found my other half, and it’s now in danger, because of you. I’m sorry to Trish, but I won’t tell you that he’s the guy I’m talking about. I don’t want you to intervene anymore.

“It’s okay. Forgiven. But please, next time, don’t do that again.”

“Yes, I am really sorry,” then she hugged me tight.

The party has ended and we exchanged good byes. “I’ll miss you,” she said. “I’ll miss you too” and hugged her once more.