Chapter 6

“I’m so fat!” I am watching Trish as she fits her wedding gown. “I really don’t look good now, I am fat and I have a little bump in here. This doesn’t fit well. “

“Trish, you look stunning with that gown. Don’t frown, you will be the most beautiful bride ever,” I winked at her.

“And you will be the most beautiful maid of honor/best friend/sister anyone could ever have” she said teasingly. “You really have to look good Ella, there will be a lot of boys in my wedding, Nate’s cousins, friends, oh, and his best friend!”

I narrowed my eyes on her, “Oh well, beautiful or not, that man will have to accept me from who I really am.”

“Yes best, but you have to get their attention first, you have to look interesting.”

Nate entered the room and hugged Trish, “You are a one very pretty bride. One more night and you will be mine,” then he kissed her deeply.

“Oh c’mon you two, get a room. Or maybe can you just wait for tonight? It will be your wedding day and you can have your second honeymoon. I’ll just leave you two alone,” I walked out and I heard them chuckle.

Outside the hotel, I am enjoying the scenery. Green meadows, beautiful flowers, butterflies flying in the garden, I can even hear the birds chirping. What a life. I went to the venue and walk thru the carpeted floor where Trish is going to make her march tomorrow. It is beautifully arranged by the wedding planner. How I wish I could also find my other half. I imagined myself wearing a pure white wedding gown, veil as long as a river, holding my bouquet of white tulips as I walk along the aisle smiling at the man waiting for me in front of the altar. I envisioned a man wearing a black tuxedo, with his most enchanting smile.  As I become nearer to him…

“What?! I can’t go, I have an important affair to attend to tomorrow. Yes, do everything that you can. No, I still need them. Okay, bye.”

 ”I know I’m the only one in here and who the hell was that?” I said to myself. I turned around to look at the person who disturbed my fantasies of my dream wedding, my dream man. To my surprise, it’s him! I can’t move from where I stand, I just looked at him from afar, thinking that if I move even a single step, he will be gone. He’s tall and really charming even if he’s mad. Then he sensed that I was looking at him. No, I am actually staring at him, studying his features, his nose, jaw, broad shoulders, and lips. Those lips, oh how I want them.  Our eyes met, we just stared at each other for seconds, maybe minutes. I don’t know, I won’t be tired of looking at him. Our gaze at each other broke when his phone rang. He answered the call and there again, I saw him leaving me again.