Chapter 13

It’s already 2 pm when I reached the mall. I told Manong Jun to pick me up later. I don’t want him to wait for me here forever. Yeah, that’s how I shop.

I roam around the mall, went to different stalls and boutiques. I entered one baby shop and remembered that Trish is having a baby. I saw some baby bottles and I decided to buy some. Though we don’t know yet what’s the baby’s gender, I picked white bottles. May it be a girl or a boy, that’s okay.

After I bought the bottles, I heard my stomach rumbling. Shocks, I’m really hungry. I just had spaghetti for my Brunch. I decided I want to eat pizza. I went to our favorite restaurant and ordered their best-seller 9 inch pizza and iced tea. I also ordered potato crisps because I really love their dips.

I counted all the bags that I shopped; I counted 9, all in all. Whoah, it’s a great treat for me plus the PIZZA!

The waiter served my order and gave me two plates and I just gestured one and smiled at him. He’s cute, dimples shown in his face. Maybe he’s about 5’6”. He smiled back and left me with my orders.

“This pizza is really yummy,” I took another bite and then the crisps. “Hmmm, delicious also, I miss you best friend.” I really am talking to myself. I looked around and I saw the couple at the other table looking at me. “Maybe they think I am going crazy, haha,” and I laugh a little. Eating while listening to music is a good idea. So I put on my earphones and played the song in my iTouch. M2M, my favorite.

I lie awake at night

See things in black and white

I only got you inside my mind

You know you have made me blind.

I lie awake and pray

That you will look my way

I have all this longing in my heart

I knew it right from the start.

I’m still eating my pizza and potato crisps while humming with the song.

Oh my pretty pretty boy I Love You

Like I never ever loved no one before you.

Pretty pretty boy of mine

Just tell me you love me too…

“Hey,” someone is tapping my back. But I just continued humming while eating.

Another tap, “What’s wrong with you?” I turned at the person tapping my back and I was shocked. I didn’t notice that I made a scene. My voice is very loud, it’s like I was shouting at him. I removed my earphones and managed to say, “I’m sorry” and I lowered my head, looking at my hands. I lost my appetite and I am shameful of what I’ve done.

“Hey,” he seated beside me and put my head on his shoulder. I heard him say, “We’re sorry for the scene, she shouted at me because I kept her waiting. You may now continue eating.”

I looked at him and he is smiling at those people who are looking at us. And then he moved to look at me. “Are you okay?” I just nodded.

“Are you alone?” He’s looking at the foods served in front of me.

“Yeah, I was just so really hungry awhile ago that’s why I ordered all of these,” I said pointing out the pizza and potato crisps.

“Do you mind if I join you?” He winked at me.

He is so cute and with his smile, my heart melts. I just stared at him while he eats my left over. When he finished eating, he called for the waiter and asked for a bottle of mineral water. When he was able to drink the water ‘till the last drop, he asked the waiter for the bill.