Chapter 37

"Ella, Ella. Open the door!"

"Mam, here are the keys."

"Ella, wake up."

It's mom.

"Ella, why are you crying? Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and hugged my mom. There's silence. Only we can hear are my sobs.

I calmed myself and look into my mom's eyes.

She wiped away my tears. "Oh Ella, I can feel that you're in pain. I'm sorry. What can I do to ease your pain?"

"Nothing ma, it's just that, I really had a bad dream."

"Is it really a bad dream?", she asked with full of concern.

"No ma, that dream was real. And it really did happen. In the past."

"Oh Ella my dear. Did you see him again?"

I nodded. And then tears started to flow again from my eyes.

I checked my phone. There are so many messages.

From: Alex "the great"

**HI ELLA! HOW ARE YOU? WHAT HAPPENED? WHY DIDN'T YOU COME TO THE OFFICE TODAY? ARE YOU NOT FEELING WELL? JUST TEXT ME OKAY. I'M WORRIED.  **

I typed my reply.

To: Alex "the great"

**I'M JUST NOT FEELING WELL BUT I'M FINE. IT'S JUST HEADACHE OR MAYBE MIGRAINE. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. **

From: Mitch "pretender"

**ELLA. GIVE ME A TEXT AND TELL ME YOU'RE OK. ALEX IS SO DAMN CRAZY ASKING ME WHY YOU'RE NOT HERE. ALSO I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU.**

To: Mitch "pretender"

**I'M GOOD. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. I ALREADY TEXTED ALEX.**

From: Mitch "pretender"

**HE'S LIKE A MAD DOG ROAMING AROUND. AND IT MAKES ME FEEL DIZZY, THIS STUPID GUY.**

To: Mitch "pretender"

**HAHA. TELL HIM THAT BOTH OF YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT ME.**

From: Trish-best

**NO! ARE YOU OKAY? GIVE ME A CALL PLEASE. I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF YOU'RE OKAY, I'M SORRY IF I WASN'T ABLE TO REPLY. I'M HAVING ABDOMINAL CRAMPS LAST NIGHT. **

Trish-best ringing. . .connecting. . .

"Ella, are you okay?

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Ella, answer me. Are you okay. Please tell me. I'm really worried about you when I saw your text."

"Stop! And please calm down. Yes I'm okay. I think I am. But please don't worry about me. Are you okay? How's your cramps? How's the baby?

"I'm okay now. Nate was so worried about me last night and he brought me immediately to the hospital. The doctor said that I just ate something that made my stomach so irritated. But he said that it's good that we went to the hospital and confirmed that what I felt are not pre-mature uterine contractions."

"Oh you, will you please be careful with what you're eating!"

"I know. I just can't help myself from eating and craving. I don't feel that I'm full. I always feel that I'm hungry."

"Because you are not the only one who's eating. Think of the baby, that's why you have to be careful okay? Are you still in the hospital?"

"I will be discharged this afternoon. Just visit me at home."

"Okay. Just take a rest okay. I'll come later."

"Okay, but you really are okay?"

I sighed deeply. "Yes. And I really have to be okay."

"Oh Ella. I'm really sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"I'm sorry that I can't be with you right now."

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me. Can you please tell Nate that I want to go to your house for a sleep-over?"

"Oh, surely I will!" "Nate, call our house. Tell them to prepare the guest room because Ella will be sleeping over!"

I heard her from the other line. "You are not that so excited huh?"

"No, I am really, really excited!"

"Okay. I'll see you later okay?"

"Sure babes. I'll see you, bring in some foods."

"Fine! I'll bring some of your favorites!"

"I'm so excited!" She screamed like a child then she hung up.

I packed my clothes for our sleep over.

"Ma, I'll be sleeping over with Trish and Nate."

"Enjoy your stay with them. I want you happy my dear."

"Thanks ma! Surely I will," and I hugged her so tight and kissed her on the cheek. "Kiss dad for me when he got home okay?"

"Yes my dear, I will."