Chapter 7

“Ella, sleep with me. Please, this will be the last day I could ever have an intimate conversation with my best friend,” Trish pleaded. I nodded and I went beside her and we started chatting.

“Hey, Ella, Nate’s best friend is here a while ago. I was looking for you so that you two could meet, but you can never be found, where were you?”

“I was just roaming around, you know, after I left both of you and Nate while busy cuddling and you’re kissing each other in front of me.”

“Yeah, you walked out on us. Ella, there will come a time that you will be like that. Not afraid of showing your love and care for that special person,” she said this like as if she’s floating in the air.

“Maybe you are right. But the way you acted this afternoon, my gosh. It seems like anytime I will be able to watch a live show,” I told her in disbelief.

“Hahaha, Ella. You really are funny. You are so sensitive. Please promise me one thing,” I nodded and she continued “You will marry and you will not be an old maid, for God’s sake you are so beautiful!”

I can’t believe that she’s telling me this. Of course I will marry, I have found him. But, there’s a lot to think about, I don’t even know his name. She narrowed her eyes at me, “You aren’t telling me something.”

I shook my head, “because I have nothing to tell you.” I know she doesn’t believe me and I told her about that guy. She’s asking me a lot of questions in which I myself cannot answer.

“Oh my, you are in love with that mysterious guy!” she shouted and I think even in the other room she can be heard.

“Of course not! I don’t even know his name. I just saw him and from then I can’t stop thinking about him,” with that I can feel that I am blushing.

“You are blushing! My best friend is in love. My best friend is in love.” She’s saying this like10, 20,100 times.

“How can you say that?” I whispered. “We don’t even know each other. I don’t even know if he’s real or is he just an imagination?”

She hugged me and caressed my hair, “Real or imagination, if he’s really for you, one day you’ll meet. I’m sure that cupid is making a plan for an unforgettable meet up.”Her smile reached her ears.

“Girls, you have to sleep. It’s already 12 midnight. Trish, you should not be staying up late, it’s your wedding tomorrow and the baby. You should rest.”

“Yes, ma. Good night.”

“Good night to both of you, I’ll lock the door and see you tomorrow.” Before she left the room, she kissed us both. “Good night, tita,” I said.

Trish couldn’t sleep. She’s flipping over and over the bed. Maybe she’s anxious of what’s going to happen tomorrow. Maybe about two hours, finally she fell asleep and me as well.