Chapter 3

After the whole day’s happenings, I went inside our house. It is a very beautiful house built by a much known Architect, and the interiors were designed by the best interior designer in abroad.  The materials were imported from the States, some from Italy, Germany, etc.

 It’s a very big and beautiful house, full of expensive decors and paintings, but I feel that this is so empty. For me spending and living here alone, yeah, I can say that I am alone because my parents are always busy doing their thing. Busy from side to side appointments, proposals, mergers, blah,blah,blah.

Thank God I have Manang Luisa by my side, one of our household helpers, but I consider her to be my second mom, well in fact she was the one who took good care of me prepared my breakfast, lunch and dinner. She’s always looking after me while my parents are not here; well they’re not always here for me.

But to give my parents some recognition, when I have an award at school, they see to it that they will be there for me, then after I have received my medal, they’ll just go away as fast as a glimpse of an eye and they will just give us money to celebrate. I am celebrating with Manang Luisa and Manong Jun her husband for about 20 years now. Even if they weren’t able to have a child of their own, they still live happily together and I told them that I can be their daughter if they would want to.

“Ella, your dinner is ready. I know that you really have a tiring day. I prepared Spaghetti with meat balls in red sauce, I did put some chili and more cheese on top. Eat it while its hot” Manang Luisa winked at me.

She knows me well, even my favorite! I really love her, and eat it all up. I am half way finished when I remembered to offer her and asked her with mouth full, “I am really hungry, do you want some?”

She just smiled at me and gave me an iced tea, my thirst quencher. How I really love this woman. I hugged her tight and gave her a kiss on her cheek and thanked her for everything. She hugged me back and I said that I’ll go to my room and rest, but before I could reach the stairs, she handed me a glass of milk and gave me a paper bag. “Congratulations, Ella.” Tears suddenly went down my cheeks and said, “You don’t have to, but really, thank you” and hugged her tight before I went to my room.

After a quick shower, I went to bed and opened my gift. I was shocked when I saw it, it’s a bracelet and my name is engraved in the metal. I wore it and hugged it until I fell into my deep sleep.