Chapter 25

I am really nervous right now and I can’t think straight. Who is this guy and why did I allow myself to go with him?

I am supposed to have a date with Justin, where is he?

“Don’t be afraid, I don’t bite.” He said.

I just looked at him. His eyes are on the road and concentrating with his driving.

“We’re here.” He parked the car and opened the door for me.

I just went out of the car, I did not hold his hand, he’s a stranger and he has not yet introduced himself to me.

He just smiled at me and we are walking side to side.

“So, you are Ella. Justin is right, you are beautiful.” I suddenly looked at him. He did mention Justin’s name.

“Where is Justin? And who are you?” I’m trying to calm myself.

“Justin can’t make it tonight; he suddenly needs to go out of town to arrange some problems of the company,” he said.

I can’t believe it, this is supposed to be our first date and he is not here. He even asked for a proxy. For goodness sake!

I didn’t realize that my tears are suddenly falling down from my eyes. I am crying. I suddenly felt sad and taken for granted by the man I thought was my prince.

Then suddenly I felt someone hugged me and caressed my hair. I love the feeling of his warm embrace. “Hush now, I’m here.”

I looked up at him and he wiped away my tears. “Don’t cry, you are beautiful. Let’s just enjoy the night.”

“Who are you?” He is still hugging me.

“I’m Kean, you’re knight in shining armor,” he winked at me. “I know that you are right now a damsel in distress.” He is caressing my cheek.

I pulled away from him and introduced myself. “Ella.”

“I know, Kean again. Justin’s friend.”

“Nice to meet you, Kean.” I tried to smile.

“That’s better, he placed a finger at the side of my lips. You are beautiful Ella.” He offered his arm and I took it.

“Let’s enjoy the night,” he said.

All night, he was the one telling some stories. He is a jolly man but, I think my mind is really wandering.

Why didn’t he even bother to call me or even text me? Am I really nothing for him? I thought we will try? Is this what I really want?

“Hey,” Kean is trying to get my attention.

“Thinking of Justin, eh?”

I just nodded.

“Don’t think about him. He’s far away. And honestly I don’t know if he’s even thinking of you.”

Harsh, I thought. I just looked up at him; tears are forming to fall from my eyes.

“Look Ella, I’m sorry. Justin is my friend, and he’s a busy man. But if I am him, I will never take for granted someone like you.” He’s holding my hand.

I removed it. All that he is telling me are true and it hurts. My heart is crushing right now.

“I think, I’ll bring you home.” He said.

We went to the parking lot and he drove me home.

I am really quiet during the whole trip. I can feel Kean’s uneasiness and he stopped the car.