CHAPTER 5 SETTLING (3)

"Where should we go next?"

The twins were walking in the hallway while discussing who should go next.

"The indoor training ground is near the first annex. So, next is the forge."

"Okay let's go,"

Lipe said and walked a bit faster. She's always curious about something. The forge is where they make their own weapons for the knights and other things like kitchen stuff.

Odelia is currently fixing the problem in the forge. Apparently, the roof of the forging house gave up because of the pile of snow. Gladly, they had the materials to cover the roof for now.

"Aunt Lia!"

Lipe yelled her nickname as she smiled while running towards her.

"Lipe, Lupe, what are you doing here?"

"We brought you your lunch,"

The younger twin happily gave her the lunch box. Right, Odelia thought of skipping lunch because this was more important. Instinctively she grabbed the twins' cheek, worried they might be cold.

"The snow is piling up, it must be cold."

"Don't worry, these coats are the thickest we have."

Lipe looked behind her aunt. The forging house's roof went down making the snow fall inside the room.

"What happened here?"

Lupe asked before his sister could.

Apparently, the roof crumbled because of the snow and its age. It's been years since they renovated the forge. The forging house was made of thick woods and walls. The roof was also made of wood and hay.

"It was not a big problem before but we need our newly forged weapons before spring,"

"Why though?"

"Alistair will be going back to the capital on the very first day of spring. That would take three days of travel. Monsters, wild animals and demons' cases rose up this year."

Lupe grabbed his chin unconsciously and said,

"They need weapons to defend themselves from those creatures,"

"That's right, Lupe. Here I have chocolate,"

Olivia grabbed his hand and put a wrapped chocolate on his palm. Lupe stared at his palm while Lipe opened her's hoping to get one.

[Where did this even come from?]

"Right, Aunt Lia. Would you mind hearing my opinion?"

~ • ~

Lupe left his sister at the forge with their aunt. He was left with one box and that's for his older cousin. As he walked towards the indoor training grounds, he was greeted by the knights. Other knights were dumbfounded as to why he came there, female knights who saw Lupe for the first time, were busy engraving his features in their minds.

"Is that Young Master Lupe?"

"What a handsome young man,"

"Oh, he's going this way."

"Excuse me, dames."

Lupe greeted them and bowed slightly to show some courtesy. The female knights were surprised and couldn't seem to find the words to answer him.

"Can I ask where Brother Ali is?"

"Y-young master, he...uhh..."

"Turn right at this corridor and you'll find a two-doored room. That's where he practices privately,"