CHAPTER 20 SEED OF WIND (5)

"Suddenly? Why?"

Klug trembled as he watched a humanoid bird flying on top of the tower, looking down at him with big glowing blood red eyes.

"This guy,"

He mumbled as he familiarized the creature. This type of monster is a mutation of phoenix. However, looking at the creature above him, is simply not from a mutation. It has a human body and head, it has feathers sticking to its skin, feet that of a bird and blazing red wings that illuminate the area. What shocked Klug more was that this creature had the same face of the man imprisoned by the crystal inside the tower earlier. The humanoid bird flew down towards him. Pointing its sharp claws to the human, determined to tear his body apart.

"Aren't you dead?!"

BOOM!

The sound made by the impact of the human phoenix' attack. Dust and smoke were everywhere, so it flapped its wings to settle the screen. The smoke disappeared and there  it saw that it wasn't able to catch the human. It's head perked up and searching for the human around him.

Klug, who hid behind a tree, trembled more than ever. The public school he went to before had combat curriculums. Self-defense, hunting and battle tactics were taught. Phoenix were occasionally mentioned in books and lessons, but they never got to see or fight with a phoenix before. The best option would be running away from it but the biggest 'but' is his master's life.

He could just be a scum and left them behind but no. That isn't his thing and he won't be like his bullies nor like 'those' people who don't have a shred of guilt and sympathy. Moreover, he is working under the Hueningtton, taking care of their Young Master, a Serebryan. Serebryans tend to hold a grudge against someone they loathed the most. Klug doesn't want to increase his list of enemies nor have more caution about his head getting cut.

"Rasho! You're worth more than a noble!"

"What an amazing mana! Let's have you tested,"

"He's dead? Give him to those slave traders,"

"He's a Rasho? What a weirdo!"

"You're amazing, Klug."

He clicked his tongue after saying what's on his mind.

"This trauma, I hate it."

Having sensitive senses, the humanoid phoenix turns its head towards the east direction after hearing an unusual sound. Klug's red locks showing from the side of a tree.

KIIIEEEKKK!

Shrieked by the humanoid phoenix, it ran towards the tree where Klug was hiding. The servant peeked and saw the incoming monster with it's claw pointing at him. He widened his eyes for a moment of surprise before actually thinking of avoiding the attack.

SLASH!

SHWONG!

The blade made a faint sound after cutting the hobgoblin's head. The knights were having a hard time fighting. Two or three would team up to bring down one hobgoblin. However, the Serebryan twins were different.

KAAACCCKKK!

Cried by the hobgoblin after Lupe bare-handedly tore off its left arm. He raised his sword and stabbed it through the monster's neck. The green creature let out a choked sound while blood dripping from its neck and mouth. Lupe looked at it and thought that the monster was still alive. So, he pulled out his sword and stabbed it again on its neck. This time Lupe felt something hit his sword.

"It must be the bone,"

BAAM!

Another sound was made after a hobgoblin fell on the ground with its head rolling away from its body. Lipe was there, looking all satisfied by what she did.