CHAPTER 11 SLAVE (3)

"Just one bite and tell me what you think,"

Damon looks at Lipe with suspicious eyes then stares at the profiterole on his hands. Based on the appearance, it is different from the other baked ones. Instead of light brown, the one on his hand was brown and a bit reddish in color.

"This contains poison isn't it?"

"Like there's any poison that would kill you,"

Lupe said as a fact. There's only one poison that could weaken a demon. The particular poison is very rare so it's not easy to obtain a very small bottle.

"I'm being cautious,"

"Do you really think we could actually have that? Stupid,"

"Well, it's still up to you if you eat it or not. But this will help you until Lupe finds that fruit,"

"Fruit? What fruit?"

[This Demon! He didn't really listen to me yesterday.]

Lupe's patience is slowly dying the moment Damon enters the kitchen. He had a low patience to start with. Damon's been asking questions and somehow Lupe finds it a bit irritating. Before Lipe could answer Damon's question, he opened his mouth and talked about it with his usual calm tone.

"Did you know? People who ask questions frequently are dumb,"

"Are you indirectly saying I'm dumb?"

Lupe let out a breath and looked at Lipe with a disappointed expression.

"See what I mean?"

With that last sentence, Damon snapped and crushed the profiterole in his hand.

"Maybe it's worth getting knocked out by the seal for now,"

Damon said, cracking his knuckles ready to beat Lupe. Lupe puts down the basket, grinning while rolling up his sleeves.

"I should defend myself if the seal won't work,"

Lupe grabs the knife near him and points it towards the demon. Lipe just stood there watching them with a disappointing look.

[They're getting along fine, right? This is them playing, right?]

~ • ~

"Hello, everyone!"

"Lipe what are you doing here?"

Ask Alistair, who just finished training the knights. The look on the knight's face was exhausted and also like they were about to lose their consciousness. 

[Everyone is tired.]

"Brother, Lupe made these. Please, have some."

"Profiterole?"

He was wondering why the twins didn't join the training today. Did they excuse themselves just to bake me these? That is what he thought and felt his heart thump.

"Then I'll eat all these,"

Lipe also invited the knights to eat. The lady was radiating kindness. The knights all had the same thoughts. Whenever she or the young master is around, the young lord will stop his training, also saving the knights from dying because of overtraining. This goes the same for the Marquis and Marchioness.

The knights thanked the lady wholeheartedly as they ate the snack she gave.

"By the way, where's Lupe?"

"H, he was playing with Damon."

Alistair knew about Damon and he was the one who was strongly against it. Keeping a demon around isn't really safe at all even if he tamed it. He showed a worried face while a scrap of cream was on his face. Lipe finds this funny and says that there's nothing he had to worry about.