CHAPTER 8 SETTLING (6)

After closing his eyes, the pain he felt earlier was gone.

[That was crazy.]

He thought and tried to open his eyes. He saw a familiar strange space. The same eerie feeling as before. He looks around him and confirms that he's alone in the very same universe-like sky void.

[Lipe isn't here.]

[[ I'm sorry. Someone asked for her but she's alright. ]]

The same familiar voice, who's ringing inside his head. He felt warm air behind him. He turned around and saw the mysterious white man once again.

[[ I didn't know that we're gonna meet so soon. ]]

"Who asks for Lipe?"

[[ Don't worry. They're like me. They can't hurt her. ]]

He can calm down a bit since Lipe isn't in any danger. Somehow he wondered why he believed this spirit's words. Now that he's here the one question he forgot to ask last time can be answered today.

"What happened to us?"

[[ I'll be straight cause I only had limited time. Every two months you'll be experiencing this pain. ]]

"Is this the effect of the vow? Until when then?"

[[Until you save Alfred.]]

Lupe widened his eyes and thought how ridiculous this spirit is. Save Alfred? There are five more years until the war where Alfred supposedly meant to die. Then, both Lipe and he will experience this pain at the time being? Does Pen actually worship Alfred?

"What nonsense,"

Is all he could say and grab his forehead. No matter what reason he could think of, he's mad. He wished he and Lipe could just die instead of suffering like this.

[[ But under circumstances, the effect of the vow could be lessened. ]]

"Lessen? What do you mean? You said you'll be straight! Say it right away!"

[[ Yes yes right away. ]]

Never knew he could be this mad, is what Pen thought. 

[[ Here's what you will do. ]]

Pen explained everything to Lupe. If they could obtain these they will feel less pain from the vow's effect and also, could help them get stronger. After hearing everything Lupe smiled. Pen finds this smile rather disturbing.

[[ Uhmm, also I don't know their exact location. So, ]]

"It's alright. That's my plan right from the start, and I have a clue where they might be."

[[ Oh! Then, good luck? ]]

"Goodbye and don't show your face to us again. I happen to read on how to exorcise spirits you see,"

Pen then stiffened and gave Lupe a nervous smile.

"What? So you can actually disappear if I did?"

[[ GOODBYE LUPE!! I HOPE LUCK WILL BE ON YOUR SIDE!! ]]

~ • ~

Rio Luope Serebryan. Physically athletic, currently learning swordsmanship but he's extremely good for his age. He's quiet and expressionless. He once had to spar with the knights and accidentally hurt himself. Despite the bleeding, he shows no pain on his face. For an expressionless young man, he still looked good for his age.