CHAPTER 6 SETTLING (4)

The weather is quite nice today. The winter's last month of winter is almost over, so the snow has stopped and some are starting to melt. That's why the training ground was occupied by the knights. They were here to learn swordsmanship from Alistair again. But the knights had their worries.

"Young Lord Alistair is our trainer today,"

"This is going to be hellish,"

"Why? Is the Young Lord strict?"

"Strict you say? More like he's the reincarnation of Duke Germis,"

Duke Germis is known in the old times as the Demon Mentor of the Royal Knights. He gives an impossible training routine to his knights. They almost died because of the routine but lots of them tried to keep up and many succeeded.

"Don't you think that's an exaggeration?"

"It's because he's just lazy,"

"Yes definitely,"

The new knights didn't receive any pieces of training from Alistair when they were newly appointed. It's because Alistair has been in the central capital for business and other matters. Since he's the successor of Hueningtton, he should at least do the minor things for his father. Now, he's back at the Hueningtton Castle. He took a break from work and decided to train with the knights.

"Good morning everyone. It's been a while since I took a step here in the training ground. I hope you're not slacking while I'm in the capital,"

The knights swallowed their saliva. He's half right and wrong.

"Now, those who are newly appointed knights. Please step forward,"

Four knights stepped forward. Three men and one woman.

"Sven, Lupper, Tyler and Calia, right?"

"Yes sir!"

"Sven and Tyler, spar with me."

He said with a benign smile. The other knights flinched at what they saw. The moment he smiles like his father means he's going serious or for a kill. It's the very opposite of that gentle smile.

"Pardon?"

"The two of us?"

[These two are the ones who messed up with Lipe from last month.]

He thought as his smile was still on his face.

"Yes, so on your guard!"

"W, wait Young Lord."

He was in his attack position and the other knights stepped backward. The two knights unsheath their swords while trembling. They don't know the rules and they don't know what to do. Alistair is ready to take the first step but suddenly, someone interrupts them.

"Uhm, Brother Ali."

There are only two people who call him that. So he immediately knew who it was. He stood up straight and turned his back.

"Lipe, Lupe, are your lessons over?"

"Yes,"

"The teacher said we did great. So he said we're done for today,"

Lipe said smiling, it seems that she's excited about something. Alistair's eyes slightly widen. In the past, the twins would always have trouble in their lessons. Viscount Lumley almost won't let them stop until they can't get it right. It's been a month since the accident and they need to chase the lessons they left. He thought that the twins would take 'till afternoon before they could finish their lessons.