CHAPTER 12 SLAVE (4)

"This is Damon. He'll be part of our tiny group now,"

Hello, my name is Klug, a commoner but had a great amount of mana.

Young Master Luope just introduced me to this handsome guy. He had strange eyes and canine teeths like fangs. I checked his mana energy and it gave me fear. I slowly raised my trembling hands pointing at the young man.

"T, that's weird. Young M, Master he,"

Young Master widened his eyes at me and asked if I could guess this guy's identity.

"No, but he is dangerous."

I said almost whimpering in front of him.

"He's a demon,"

My Young Master said with his usual sleepy face and casual voice. I stiffened when I heard that word. I don't need any evidence. With his features and mana energy, I could tell that he is a demon. It's just my first time seeing one and this is close too.

I've been locked up inside this room for a week just to reach the young master's demands on his scheduled deadline. I told them that I finished the prototype and they came to this room, or our lab, with this man-eating creature.

"You're strange for a human being,"

Damon said to me while his eyes seemed to scan my body. He must've checked my mana energy too. For a human with excessive mana and a commoner at that, it is indeed strange.

[Aren't you a strange one too?]

I've heard that demons like human flesh and blood very much. It gives them the proper nutrition for becoming strong and healthy. Just a smell of blood can make them drool like the race of Vampires from one of the books I've read. Seeing this many humans in front of him, he must be on the verge of exploding his excitement.

KNOCK

KNOCK

A few knocks on the door catching all of our attention. It opens to reveal the Young Miss from behind.

"Good afternoon,"

She greeted me with the same sleepy expression as the young master. The only difference was her smile. Not gonna lie but whenever she's around, everything seems to be floating. Even the other servants and the knights feel the same way. Is it a talent or a charm?

"Klug, you didn't have lunch yet right?"

She said as I noticed that she was carrying a tray with enough cups of hot milk for everyone. Claire, her aid, brought two baskets of bread with her.

Actually, I haven't eaten anything since yesterday because of the deadline.

She gave me one cup of milk and offered me that one basket of bread. The bread was soft and warm. The confectioner sugar was just enough to make it look appetizing.

"Just eat, okay? You've done a great job, Klug."

She cheered. All of the nervousness I felt earlier is gone.

"What about me?"

Damon asked like a child waiting for his turn but the lady gave him the other basket. He was delighted at the sight of the bread with a tint of red in color.

[It must be in a different flavor.]

I thought and just continued with my own food.

Young Master was checking the device I made. Actually I just assembled them, the young master and young lady planned the construction and other details.