CHAPTER 16 SEED OF WIND

Lipe and Lupe proceeded to skin and cut the rabbit's meat. Others observing were amazed once again. Lipe skinned the rabbit efficiently and cleanly while Lupe did the butchering. It's like they were used to it but looking at another perspective, the scene was quite frightening. Suraj and Tyler told the other knights about their young master's fight earlier with the goblins. They wondered if they had actually gone out before but Michael said that they haven't and he can prove it.

After preparing other things like tents and checking the perimeter, Lipe was almost done with her rabbit's stew. Everyone was drooling because of the smell, even Lupe who's eagerly waiting beside her.

Dinner came and everybody loved the stew. It's their first time eating rabbit's meat and their first dish was marvelous. There was more meat left to cover their travel's meal. Lipe taught them how to handle the smell and a few other techniques on how to cook the tricky meat. Michael and the other servants were perplexed. How can that method be used for cooking? Things such as these questions repeatedly come into their minds.

"Brother Ali, we know how to enter the magic tower."

Lupe whispered to his older cousin. Lipe told him everything except the one that she and Klug talked about. He was about to keep this from his cousin but if they sneak out at night to infiltrate the tower. The knights might see them or maybe misunderstood their action.

Alistair choked on his food and repeatedly hit his chest, hoping it would ease his struggle. Lupe immediately grabbed his cup of water and gave it to Alistair.

[Ain't this deja vu?]

Lupe remembered that one similar incident. The older male let out a huge breath before turning his head towards the younger male.

"How, why and what is your purpose?"

"If I tell you, give me permission to investigate it myself."

"Depending on how you can convince me,"

With that, Lupe told him his reasons. A magical tower without its owner, is already considered a dungeon. Treasures worth thousands of golds and knowledge. Considering that the mage who owned the tower was gone for hundreds years now. Information from ancient times and confidential ones may be stored inside the tower. If there's any knowledge about medicines and advanced technologies, they will give it to the king for the kingdom to prosper.

"But if that happens. I'll be the one who will give it to His Majesty,"

Alistair narrowed his eyes. Is he thinking of trading it instead of giving it? He suspected Lupe with this question in mind. Knowing him, he wouldn't have thought such a thing. Whereas Lupe's attitude changed in these past few months, he still believes that the young man is naive and simply curious.

"Also, there could be high quality amber jewels inside. Don't you think it will look good on Lady Tuscanni's hazelnut eyes?"

In contrast to before, Alistair's eyes widened. An ancient jewel just for his fiancé. Who wouldn't want something that could raise his image? If the Tuscanni Household sees him offering a valuable gem to them, they will trust and be completely on the Hueningtton side. Securing his position as Belle's future husband.

"Alright! Leave everything to me and invade that tower,"

[I'm sorry for using you, Lady Tuscanni.]

Lupe came with Klug and is now standing outside the traps' perimeter. There is still one problem.

"So, how can I pass through this field of traps?"

Lupe asked his aid to slash butler and slave. Klug already thought of a plan but what if he failed? He's scared that if his young master dies, it will hunt him for the rest of his life. Either way he explained his plan to him.