CHAPTER 21 SEED OF WIND (6)

"Ah! I finally found it!"

Klug said, raising his arms holding a sapphire stone as big as an average book. The barrier was made of diamond crystal where the man was imprisoned earlier. So far the strongest stone he had was sapphire. He'll use it as a medium to form the barrier along with his infused mana.

"Klug! I need you to hurry! A pack of Ice Wolves are coming!"

Damon shouted outside from the window, still fighting the two monsters. The fight was 'one vs one vs one'. These two monsters had the same weakness. It's their neck. The Humanoid Phoenix is slowly losing strength from slithering its throat. As for the giant centipede, Damon still can't get through its iron skin causing his sword to break in two.

"Why?! Why do these monsters keep on coming?!!"

Klug nervously shouted as he was lifting a wooden table and put it in the center of the room. He put the sapphire stone into the crusher's bowl. He then put his palms together as he started to mumble the spell.

[For the love of God, please let this work.]

"Ack!"

Damon yelled in pain as he hit the base of the tower. Concrete debris falls beside him. He pulled his shoulders and arms that got stuck on the wall. He was struggling and he hated it. Ever since he was bind on the slave seal with Lupe. Half of his strength was sealed away. The centipede raised its tail ready to slam it towards Damon. He barely escaped the attack and almost broke his arm bone.

The humanoid phoenix flew up and glared at the slave demon. The huge centipede crawled its way towards him with haste. Damon flinched as he instinctively knew what was going to happen. The two monsters are going to attack him together.

He ran away from the tower not wanting to put Klug in danger. The phoenix threw feathers at him that could pierce through human flesh. He managed to avoid a few while the others kept grazing his skin. If he doesn't have any options, he will use his shadows instead. However, using his shadows on a large scale will drain his strength. For the worse case, he will lose consciousness and get killed by one of the coming monsters.

"This is Serebryan's fault!"

He blamed his master. If he didn't get greedy about the tower's treasure maybe this wouldn't happen.

At the corner of the tower's perimeter, Damon stopped running. Then, his shadow grew wide and was swallowed by it. Damon was now gone and the monsters stopped their tracks. Searching for the demon, they kept on turning their heads to find him.

"Over here, you freaks!"

Below the tower, there's Damon standing while holding his right arm. The two monsters shrieked and made their way towards him once again. His right arm is still aching but he raised his arms to his shoulder level. Palms are open and are facing downwards. His yellow-golden eyes glowed in the dark. It looks magnificent yet sinister. His shadow widened in a second and emerged from the ground. The shadows had a look of devoid human figures without arms and legs. A lot of them surrounded the monsters. The two monsters were surprised that both of them stopped and stared at the shadows.

"Eat,"

Damon said and the shadows opened their mouths. It showed their dark fangs and red tongues. Slowly the shadows were also expanding, they were adjusting their size to the monsters'. One shadow bit and tore the humanoid bird's right wing. Since it was weakened by both Klug and Damon earlier, it was the first one to be swallowed. It struggled to nothing. The huge centipede fought back the shadows. As one shadow is gone another will be formed. Damon forced all of his shadows to swallow the giant insect.