CHAPTER 7 SETTLING (5)

"Brother Ali, I have something to ask."

Lipe said after giving him his tea. The twins and Alistair are having quality time together in the garden.

"Hmm?"

"Why does everyone seem to be cautious of us?"

Alistair tilted his head a bit. He was wondering what kind of cautiousness she was talking about. Then, he thought about something that made his face go sour.

[Wait, is there someone who bullied Lipe?]

"Actually, we heard the other maids talking about it."

"What is it?"

"About the Serebryan,"

The twins are curious about it. The introduction of Serebryan in the book was only brief and there's not much interest in it. Lately, other maids or knights would whisper about a Serebryan who is supposed to be a cruel and barbaric person. The twins felt uncomfortable about how prejudiced they were. They don't know anything, but people can't just gossip without proper facts.

After that question, Alistair wanted to answer them but he didn't know where to start. How can he coat his words so that the twins won't be horrified? In times when he doesn't know what to say, there's only one answer then. He was about to open his mouth but someone interrupted him.

"You're having afternoon tea? Can we invite ourselves in?"

The three turn their head towards the voice and see the Hueningtton couple smiling at them. Lupe ordered a maid to bring two more seats for the couple.

Stanley wondered why the twins always ask for Alistair to join them for tea time. If not him, his wife Odelia will be present. Not once the twins ask him to join them for tea.

He's getting a bit sad and lonely. He's also tired of his work. That's why when he saw them this afternoon, he immediately called his assistant to finish his work and fetched his wife. This could be the time to talk about what Viscount Lumley suggested. Also, the upcoming social gathering event. A chance to get close to the twins and lastly, a break from his work. He's hitting lots of birds with one stone.

He was grinning wider now, making Alistair beside him give a suspicious look. When Stanley picked up his tea, he noticed something new at the table and got curious.

"What is this white bread?"

"It's called Profiterole. A soft bread with cream inside. Lupe made them,"

Alistair said with pride. He's the first person to taste the Profiteroles Lupe made. He felt proud of that achievement.

Stanley and Odelia who's about to take a bite stopped with wide eyes. While Alistair took the opportunity to take another bite.

Since when did this young man have an interest in the kitchen?

Is written on the couple's face.

"When did you learn to bake these?"

"I just...knew..."

[I can't say I've learned it from my past life.]

"Hmm~ so good! So creamy,"

"You're right. I guess Lupe takes after Calloupe. He likes baking too,"

Lupe who's about to sip his tea, stopped. Before he could ask, Lipe took the chance first.

"Who's Calloupe?"