CHAPTER 14 TO THE CAPITOL (2)

When Lipe started to sing, the first thing that came into their mind was.

"What a nice voice,"

"It feels like healing magic,"

The backing Lupe made was quite extraordinary too. With the strange instrument they saw, he made Lipe's song more beautiful to the ears. Although the lyrics were quite non​con​ser​va​tive. Songs in this world consist of folk songs and temple songs.

[So, where did she get that song from?]

There's not a law regarding what or who sang a song. People singing a song that wasn't from folklore or the temple, are considered a disgrace for the kingdom. Songs from their ancestors were treasures. New constructed pieces are immediately rejected.

Lupe frowned, seeing the knight's expression. Criticism made by society holds a big impact on one person.

[Anyway, that's not a problem.]

Serebryans in the whole continent were being criticized based on both useless opinions and facts. Being born as one of the Serebryan, their reputations were already tarnished.

After the song ended, everyone was quiet. Dumbfounded looks were on their faces. The first one who clapped their hands was Suraj. The born middle-east man, not knowing the history of songs in the kingdom, clapped his hands enthusiastically.

"I never heard that kind of song before. Did you perhaps make it?"

"A person named Amoe made it,"

[Amoe?]

They all questioned each other. If someone made such a beautiful song they would immediately know that person, unless they are from another country.

"Who are they? Where could they be now?"

Suraj likes the song very much. It was telling the addressee that the person will always be there. Even if life separates them physically or if they don't see each other for an extended period of time, they will always find their way back home as part of their undying devotion to the other person. If possible, Suraj would like to hear it again.

Lipe smiled and put her index finger towards her lips. Lupe puts his guitar down as he watches Suraj's expression.

"It's a secret,"

He flinched while he looked at the twins. It feels like he was being threatened because the twins always have this intimidating aura around them. Suraj swallowed the rest of his saliva.

"Forgive me, Young Lady. But your song-"

"I know Sir Cree, but as you all know, me and Lupe aren't born schweiden."

Lipe cutted him right away. Of course she knew all of those nonsense statements. Better show all of them than pretending to be a nice, law abiding citizen.

~ • ~

Several hours have passed, so far they have encountered goblins in small groups. Which were handled immediately. Much to the twin's demise, they couldn't join the battle, Alistair made sure of it.

Surprisingly, sunset came and they already reached the safe haven. The twins had their heads up looking at the tall building in front of them. The safe haven was actually a magic tower. No one told them about it. They just thought it was a campsite since they brought things for camping. Alistair comes beside them and tells the twins about the magic tower.

Apparently, there's a mage residing in the tower. The tower was already there hundreds of years ago. The tower is surrounded by a magic barrier that monsters can't get through. Some travelers from Cross Town asked the mage to rest outside of the tower. The mage gave them permission not minding about getting robbed. Since the mage is the only one who has access in the tower, the travelers can't get inside the tower. The moment they touch the two large decorative iron doors, they either get electrified or a strong force will push them back.