CHAPTER 3 SETTLING

"Young Lady, Young Master, are you alright?"

The head butler worriedly asked. The maids behind him are sweating buckets and two knights bowed endlessly, apologizing to their masters.

"Young Lady! Young Master! We are very sorry! We will take any punishments that you seem fit!"

The Lady and the Master are just sitting under the shade of the tree in the mansion's backyard while also staring at the people in front of them. It's still in the middle of winter. The ground was wet due to the melted snow. Dirt is starting to stick on their clothes and hands. But none of it matters.

That head butler asked them if they could have a shade away from the snow. They were walking towards a nearby gazebo when the young master stumbled his body on the wall. He grabbed his head while feeling a stinging pain.

"Ah! Young Master are you alright?"

"Urg...Water,"

Said the young master like a whisper.

"Eh?"

"Please, give me water."

"Uhm...me too,"

Added by the young lady who is being assisted by a maid.

It took a moment before the butler responded. He ordered the maids to fetch two cups of warm water. Not a while later, the maids came back with the water. The Young Master also asks if they could give them some space.

"Head Butler Jace, are the twins alright?"

Asked by a maid still worried.

"I've never seen them that dazed before,"

"Me neither. It's like their eyes are not the same,"

"I don't know either. But Ladies, that topic, keep it to yourselves."

When the Young Lady and the Young Master were alone, they started to ask each other to confirm something first.

"Lupe, is that you?"

The lady asked with a calm expression so that the butler and the other's won't worry and think too much.

"Yes,"

"Any proof?"

"The disappointing ballet competition and a portrait of every one of your crushes. Also during the school Olympics, you-"

"Stop! Stop...I get it now. Please, don't continue."

"Well with your reaction, I'll assume it is you."

Lupe checks his body and also the area. The castle walls and pillars are made with granite and high-class sandstone. He could also feel around the area, like some sort of energy. Although this is just inside the castle, he could already tell someone's presence. Everything has the feeling of a magical empire.

[This is the world of the novel after all.]

"Lupe! Lipe!"

A young man in the early twenties stomped his way towards the twins. This caught the twin sibling's attention and tilted their heads up on the young man.

"I heard you fell from the tree,"

He glanced at the tree who's not far from them. It was a huge tree and the first branch was at least ten meters high.