CHAPTER 18 SEED OF WIND (3)

"W-w-what...kind of mage t-that lives in this tower?"

Klug mumbled when they entered the last floor of the tower. What shocked the servant was a huge crystal at the center of the room. Inside the crystal was a man that looked like in his deep sleep. Looking around the room, it was full of old laboratory equipment, scrolls and high end potions. Suddenly Klug felt the chills running down his spine.

"Are you cold now?"

Lupe asked as he witnessed Klug trembled. This is why he told him that he needs to wear a coat earlier. It's the top floor where the window is located, of course it would be cold.

"Young Master, I'm not like you who can keep calm after seeing all this madness."

"No, I'm really surprised."

"How can I believe you had that straight face on?"

Lupe wants to reason with him but the crystal starts glowing. Glowing a low black light with a hue of blue and gold. Then the man inside the crystal opens his eyes.

"H-he's alive?"

Klug muttered while his jaw trembles. He's a low-rank mage during his school days so he's curious about a great mage's tower. That's why he's here. However, he didn't expect it this way. He should've gone here.

"Should we break the crystal?"

Lupe suggested. If they can get him out of there maybe they would know who's behind this.

[But wouldn't that involve me in an unnecessary mess?] ( ಠ_ಠ)

"No, I take that back."

He immediately said after the thought. Sometimes he really can't control his mouth. He needs to train more.

"We wouldn't know if he's actually attached to the crystal. If we break it, we may kill him."

"Who knows how long he's been here. Anyway, gather the scrolls and papers here. Don't touch that equipment, we don't know what traps could be hiding."

Klug followed his order and stuffed his spatial storage with the things they found inside the floor. Lupe was looking around when he noticed the tower's window sill. There's some unknown characters that's glowing. Glowing just like the crystal.

"Young Master, this man."

Lupe turned around and saw Klug holding a paper. He must've read the papers out of curiosity but what did he find?

"He's from hundreds of years ago,"

He took the paper from him and read it himself. The man's name was unknown and was labeled as Number 202. In this record, he's just a thirty-four year old man, single and healthy. Lupe squinted his eyes and said.

"I figured,"

As they said, the owner of this tower, the great mage, disappeared a thousand years ago. He casted a spell that would protect the tower and also implanted a lot of traps. So that anyone who would dare to infiltrate his tower would die or turn into ashes. Lupe wondered why there's no bones outside the tower but thanks to Damon he knew the reason. The demon said that after triggering the traps, the one who got caught will reduce to ash. The ashes were so fine that no one can recognize that it's someone else's remains or just sand on the ground.

[What profound preparations.]

"Eeeek!"

Lupe was startled after hearing Klug's scream. He asks what the problem is. The servant pointed to the crystal with the man inside.

"His eyes are moving!"

Klug testified. To take a closer look, he stepped towards his servant and observed. Indeed, the man in the crystal is moving his eyes. Lupe could feel Klug trembling beside him but he didn't mind it for he understood him. A man from thousands of years ago is still alive up until now.