00:00

P r o l o g u e

It's funny how the ones that betray you the most are the ones that are the closest to you. The ones that you weren't expecting to have a knife ready to be stabbed into your back. For some reason two important people in my life simply left me. The ones who were supposed to protect me from harm, watch over me, ended up abandoning me.

Does the name Salvatore sound familiar? Well, They're my brothers, Stefan & Damon are my older brothers. I always felt like they didn't deserve to be called my brothers, I didn't feel like they deserve the title.

I was only eight years when I woke up in the middle of the woods all by myself. Although I was young, I remember everything so vividly. I get flashbacks & taunting memories from that day to this day.

"Damon, we can't just leave her out here. Do you see what the hell is going on around town?" Stefan asked, with a disgruntled look. Damon was pacing through woods that was behind our house, with his hand gripping mine firmly. I was too young to actually know what was going on. I was too naive to know that it was me they were trying get rid of.

"Yes Stefan! They're looking for people like us. They're hunting vampires, we can't protect her & ourselves." Damon whispered coldly, while glaring at stefan.

Stefan stared off into space, taking in what Damon had just said. "We still can't leave her." Stefan said lowly.

"I'm craving her blood. Do you think that's normal—for me to fucking crave my little sister's blood?" Damon voice cracked. He spun around, continuing to walk through the woods. "We need to get away from her & here." He says reluctantly .

"And leave her where?" Stefan asked but he was cut off by a frantic Damon. "Somewhere far away from us." He said, looking up at the trees profoundly.

"They'll kill her..." Stefan argued back. Damon stopped abruptly, Standing directly in Stefan's face. "We're going to kill her, I've heard Katherine talk about the urges & not being able to control ourselves." His blue eyes looked into Stefan's uneasily.

Katherine.

After a while of walking through the woods, the sun started setting gradually. I remember admiring it but being nervous when the moon came out & the sky was dark.

Stefan unraveled a blanket & laid it on the ground. He sighed deeply, leaning his body against a tree. He closed his eyes for a moment. My eyes looked down at him, worried. Once he slowly opened his eyes, he positioned me on his lap and ran his fingers through my hair. I remember looking for Damon, noticing him pacing around anxiously.

"We can't stay here, I have a bad feeling." Damon said, while looking down at Stefan & I. He avoided any form of eye contact with me. I wish I knew in that exact moment it would be the last time I would ever look into his eyes.

"Let's just stay till..." Stefan trailed off. Damon sighed and took a seat on the long blanket that was placed over the grass. He leaned his back against the tree as well , closing his eyes in angst.

"Damon?" I asked. His eyes slowly opened, his head spun towards me & he sent me a tired look.

"Yes Alessandra." He said, while pulling a strand of my dark brown hair behind my ear.

"Is everything ok?" I finally asked. His eyes flickered to Stefan and then he sent me a forced smile.

"Yes. Just go to sleep everything is fine." He said and I rested my head on his lap while my legs were sprawled off on Stefan.

"When you wake up. Everything will be ok."

The next morning I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face. I was so relieved that it was daytime because I wasn't really fond of the dark at that time. My hopeful eyes turned into disappointed ones when I didn't feel the warmth of my brothers. Once I realized that my head wasn't resting on the soft silhouette of Damon's pants, I perked up immediately.

"Damon?" I shouted, but there was no response.

I got up from the ground and scanned the entire forest looking for anything that resembled them but there was nothing.

Imagine how that felt?

"Damon?" I shouted again. A tear quickly fell from my left eye once realization kicked in.

Now you know where my hatred comes from.

A/N: What do you think?