00:30

Alessandra pov

+

I woke up feeling a warm hand wrapped around my waist. I slowly rubbed my fingers over his arm, remembering last night; Even though nothing happened between us. I wish.

I slowly opened my eyes & I was revealed to a small room that contained a mini fridge, medium sized tv & a desk. It was small & convenient.

"Nice to see your up." He breathed. He shuffled, wrapping his arms around my shoulders & tangling his legs in between mine. "I knew you were up." I smiled. I turned around, getting a better view of his tired eyes. His beard was growing out a little & his hair was more curly than usual.

"Why am I in my underwear?" I asked amusingly. His face was snuggled into my neck. I felt his face vibrate against my skin when he chuckled. "You seemed uncomfortable, so I took your clothes off for you." He whispered in my ear.

Before I could respond he says those three words that every girl wants to hear.

"I love you." He breathed. My body immediately tensed. What am I supposed to say? "I wish you didn't have to live this life..." He said, he released his hands from around me. He was staring up at the ceiling distantly. Like he was deep in thought. I slowly shuffled, watching his every facial expression. What does he mean?

"A vampire, you were so pure. I was toxin that poisoned everything I touched & I happened to touch you. I never wanted you to become this. Your humanity was one of the things that made me want to be around you, kiss you, feel you. It reminded of me of when I was human & didn't have a care in the world." He breathed.

"But I don't regret a thing. I'm glad of what I've become to this day. I'm a leader & I'm powerful. Which are good qualities to possess." I watched his lips as he spoke. I could listen to him speak for the rest of my immortal life.

"Answer one thing." My voice was raspy, I had a question that's been burning through my head for decades now. "Katherine Petrova killed me, the same girl I always saw you being secretive with. Why did you do that to me? It traumatized me..." I stopped talking because my voice almost cracked. The night I died & became a vampire, traumatized for years to come.

"I don't want to talk about it." He sighed, with an annoyed mug on his face. Oh but you want me to move to New Orleans with you & start our vampire lives together? "Why not? After a while when I became educated & realized that you can become a vampire by having vampire blood in your system when you die, I knew you fed me your blood." I spat. I watched as his jaw clenched while my words consumed his thoughts.

"I was selfish." He argued. "That justifies everything, right?" I argued back. I swallowed down hard as his eyes were locked on mine. "I thought you got over this, I thought you forgave me." He sighed. He looked distressed & tired.

"I never said that, ever." I breathed. I got up from the chiffon duvet sheet, walking up to my neatly folded jeans that were on the arm chair. "Alessandra, where are you going?" He asked watching my every move. I was hopping around the room, like an idiot, trying to get my ass to fit in the denim.

"I'm going back to my brothers klaus." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. He instantly popped up in front of me. His tall frame stood in front of me dominantly, I looked up at him.