part twenty-two

The weekend went by quickly for Dongmin; he sighed as he sat lonely at a table in the canteen and waited for his friends to arrive.

"Hi hyung, do you mind if Minhyuk-hyungie starts sitting with the group now?" Sanha asked, as he came up to the table with Minhyuk.

"I don't mind; we're all friends, anyway. Go ahead." Dongmin answered, and the two sat down across from him. "By the way, when's Binnie coming?"

"He's already in one of his classes." Minhyuk responded.

"Oh, is he not going to eat?"

"Actually, he bought something from McDonald's before he came here." Minhyuk answered.

"Right...so what class is he in right now? I kinda want to go see him real quick." Dongmin wondered.

"Ah, you shouldn't do that." Minhyuk said, and the older raised his eyebrow at him. "He's a bit upset right now."

"Oh, he's upset? Can't I just go see what's wrong?" Dongmin asked. "You aren't worried or anything?"

"It's not like that, hyung. I am worried about him; of course I am, he's my best friend. But he just needs space right now; he needs time to get his emotions together." Minhyuk replied. "He's a very emotional person, and absolutely hates receiving any type of help when he's upset."

Dongmin gave a concerned look and, scratched his neck.

"Listen, he even hates it when I go to check on him, so I don't suggest you to try." Minhyuk continued. "Even with his sister, he will get mad...and he's closer with her than he is with me. Don't take it personally...he just prefers being alone right now. I'm sure he'll be fine soon enough."

"Okay..."

"What's with the gloomy mood here today?" Myungjun wondered, as he came up to the table with Jinwoo, and they both sat down together. "Stop looking so down, it's not a day for sadness!"

"No one's gloomy here, not at all." Dongmin said, and shrugged his shoulders.

"Right...cus' I totally believe that..." Myungjun said, and then changed the topic. "Anyways, we have like super, mega, crazy, major, insane, out-of-this-world, unimaginable news for you all."

"What is it?"

"Okay, so Jinwoo and I just wanted to tell you all that we...um... We just wanted to say that we are..." Myungjun said, and looked to Jinwoo for him to finish his sentence.

"You are what?"

"We are..." Myungjun said, and Jinwoo was still not complying with what the older was trying to do. He elbowed him in the arm, but Jinwoo didn't say anything. "We are..."

"Just tell them already." Jinwoo said. "Stop dragging it out so dramatically."

"You're supposed to finish my sentence, you idiot!" Myungjun scolded.

"Why can't you do it?" Jinwoo asked.

"Because couples are supposed to be able to finish each other's sentences- ah seriously, I hate you...you're so slow at everything..." Myungjun scoffed, and then hid his face in his hands in frustration.

"That's not what you said last night..." Jinwoo mumbled, and rolled his eyes, as he earned a smack on the arm.

(a/n that was supposed to be a dirty joke, i dont know if anyone understood it, but ✋🙄)

"So, what I'm getting at here is that...you two are a couple now?" Minhyuk wondered. "Like...you're dating...?"

"Yes, but birdbrain over here has to make the announcement so dramatic..." Jinwoo said.